[Imc] Updates on IMC business:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 8 18:41:35 UTC 2002

SPAM:  it's been a major problem of late.  I'm working to catch up with
the spammers and have blocked most of it -- no guarantees, but we should
be seeing less in the future.

PUBLIC I: the new public i is now in -- pick it up tonight at the party,
and help deliver it ASAP.  If you'd like to help deliver the public i,
contact Michael Feltes <mfeltes at ucimc.org>.

T-SHIRTS: new IMC t-shirts (design by Danielle and myself) will be
available at our party also for $10 each.

INDIE MUSIC FESTIVAL: advance tickets for the IMC's Indie Music Festival
will go on sale starting at 6 p.m. tonight.  Between March 7-14 the IMC
will be hosting 6 shows in 8 nights including local and nationally touring
acts.  Shows include:

3/7/02 (Thurs., 7pm):
The Mountain Goats, Paul Kotheimer, The National Splits
3/8/02 (Fri., 8pm):
Charlie King and Karen Brandow
3/9/02 (Sat., 7pm):
Absinthe Blind, DMS, The Blackouts, Daily Bridge Club
3/10/02 (Sun., 8pm):
Allette Brooks and MJ Walker
3/12/02 (Tues., 8pm):
David Rovics and Sarasparilla
3/14/02 (Thurs., 8pm):
LipKandy and The Violents

This is an amazing lineup and ALL SHOW passes will be on sale for $35
starting this evening.

PARTY HELP:  I need help to get the IMC ready for this evening.  If you'd
like to help out, please stop by the IMC sometime today (we'll be open all
day).  Also, we still need food and drink -- if you plan to bring some,
please let me know via e-mail or call the IMC: 344-8820.  We need help
getting things set up, spiffying up the place, running last minute
errands, etc.

CONSTRUCTION FUND:  I will be collecting donations towards the building of
our new performance space in the room behind the IMC at this evening's
party.  Several members of local unions will be donating their time to
help with construction -- we just need to raise the money for the
supplies.  Thus far we have bought $300 in supplies, and will probably
have to buy several hundred more before we are done.  Please help us
create the only all-ages concert space in downtown Urbana.

PARTY:  and, of course, we'll be partying tonight starting at 6 p.m.

See you all tonight,

--Sascha