[Imc] LAPTOPS for Nigeria IMC:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at ucimc.org
Wed Jan 2 20:28:30 UTC 2002

Hi Everyone,

As you may already know, the Urbana-Champaign IMC is working to help get
the Nigeria IMC up and running.  Currently, the entire Nigeria IMC project
runs off of a single antiquated laptop computer.  We are hoping to upgrade
Nigeria IMC's equipment and need your help.  Over the next several months,
I will be sending donations and equipment to the Nigeria IMC.  Thus far, we
have raised about $150 at two fundraisers and Al Kagan has offered to help
organize several future fundraising events to help Nigeria IMC.

What is needed most desperately right now, however, are laptop computers
(desktop machines are prohibitively expensive to ship).  If you have an old
Pentium class machine, please consider donating it to the Urbana-Champaign
IMC to send to the Nigeria IMC.

Donations for the Nigeria IMC can be sent to the UCIMC (make checks payable
to UCIMC and please put "for Nigeria IMC" in the memo line):
Urbana-Champaign IMC
ATTN: Treasurer
218 W. Main St., Suite 110
Urbana, IL 61801

The UCIMC also has a paypal account that can be utilized to send funding to
Nigeria IMC (just go to http://www.ucimc.org/donate.php3 and click on the
Paypal link).

Thank you for your continued support,

--Sascha