[Imc] Wireless card information

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Thu Jan 3 06:31:46 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Some people have asked for specifics on which card to buy to allow a
notebook to use the wireless network at the imc.

The short answer is "Any 802.11b compliant card."  You're not likely
to go wrong with that answer, so long as you make sure the card
claims to support the operating system you are running.

One company I'm fond of is Netgear, which sells the "MA401" card for
around $70 depending on where you buy it.  Other folks may have
different recommendations; I'm just a fan of Netgear because there
products have never caused me grief, and are very sturdily built.

Here's a link for CDW selling this card:

      http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.asp?EDC=284638

Please let me know if you have any questions about cards or getting
them working.  There are now at least 4 people that have successfully
used the wireless network, so it's obviously the chic thing to do.

			-Clint