[Imc] more webuse policies:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 16 17:36:30 UTC 2002

i sent out our webuse policies to a few global IMC lists since they might
prove useful for other IMCs, here's a response from vancouver -- there may
be things we might find useful also.

--sascha

From: Scott W Uzelman <suzelman at sfu.ca>
Subject: Re: [Imc-communication] website policies.
To: imc-communication at lists.indymedia.org
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:45:52 -0800 (PST)

Hey folks,

Thanks to the Urbana-Champaign folks for their editorial policies.  In
case anyone is interested, Vancouver IMC has similar policies posted at
the links below.  We have taken a similar position on the IMC as a media
commons (as opposed to an open access regime).  We, on occasion, take
steps to preserve the integrity of the commons.  This summer past, we had
quite a problem with Trolls :-) (nasty little brutes, they).  For those
folks coming up to Vancouver next weekend for the PNWIMC convergence
(check our site for more info), I'd love to have a workshop on editorial
policy.

Take care,

Scott

Vancouver IMC editorial policy:
http://vancouver.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2424&group=webcast

On Trolls:
http://vancouver.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=4196&group=webcast

On media commons (my critique of liberal-pluralist notions of free
speech and much discussion following):
http://vancouver.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=3742