[Imc] shows group notes: 7/3/02

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Jul 4 03:17:02 UTC 2002

present: sascha m. (notes), brian h., paul m., greg k., arun b.
(facilitating), mike f., amy g., zach m. (intermittently)

volunteers:

	july 10 -- stardeath, the violents, electronica (at 8 p.m.)
		sound: amy
		door:  mike

	july 13 -- need someone for
		sound: zach

	july 14 -- louis & clark; some velvet morning
		sound: zach
		door:  amy
	still need people for this accoustic-rock show: Zach is
	double-booked and would like to trade this show

	july 20 -- zach will contact jane about doing sound

	august 7, 9, 10, 16, 17 -- Play: "A Piece of Mind"
        	theatre co. will provide tech and door
		brian will do staffing/door as needed

	sept 14 -- prince myshkins: they have $150 minimum (or 75% of
		door) & zach will cover shortfall if needed
	        sound: zach
		door:  arun
		brian will look into nea funding for an outdoor
			performance

	sept 15 -- pamela means & anne heaton
		sound: zach
		door:
		still need someone for door

people should only book shows after consulting with the shows group and
getting volunteers for each show.

postering: we need to collective-ize the postering & get flyers out ahead
of time.  arun will begin organizing the postering.

theater: rehearsal will happen whenever no one else is using the space
(probably tues and wed evenings).  katie was supposed to be here...

shows primer & logistics: sascha brought up doing shows well -- versus
doing lots of shows half-assed.  problem is whether to do lots of shows
(i.e. the shows from bands that contact us) or do what we love.  how to
balance that with being a venue for independent media?  being interested
in the music is what motivates people.

	sascha: background details fixing stuff, helping out folks
	arun:   booker & promotion & sound -- more time in the fall
	paul:  	booking "bands i like"; wants to draw back for a bit for
		personal reasons in the near future; weekday shows easier
		than weekend shows -- wants to volunteer less.
	greg:   booking & volunteering & will be doing one more show this
		summer (after 7/12) then moving to charleston -- but would
		like to do a show ever couple months or so.
	brian:  freeloader & doesn't tend to participate, but is
		interested in theater & cabaret -- needs better lights &
		stairs to the stage.
	mike:   no interest in booking -- wants to do door and help out.
		moving to decatur next saturday.  so it's unclear what
		role to play.
	amy:    some booking & more sound stuff

flyer template: we need jason p. -- help!!!  THE FORMAT ISN'T RECOGNIZED!
so we need a working flyer template.  next wednesday we should have a
shows template training session.

online calendar: zach is going to put all the space stuff online by the
end of the week.

from the shows box: we divvied up the loot and will report back via
e-mail.

respectfully submitted,

--sascha