[Imc] shows group meeting minutes: 7/17/02

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Jul 18 03:17:14 UTC 2002

Present:  Molly, Katie, Greg, Arun, Zach (1), Sascha, Amy, Zach (2)

Amy Questions:  Bitch and Animal/Evil Beaver show would be on Sept. 11.

Previous shows: Stardeath was late & so filled in... show went late, was
moved to Zach's house.  People rocked at Zach's 'til 3a.m.  Clarified that
weekday shows can go until 11 weekend shows can go until midnight.  We
need better boom mics that do not rotate.  Molly photographed two shows.
Problem of bands wanting too many people in for free at their shows.

Website changes:  DO NOT USE ANY PAPER SHEETS -- only use the on-line
booking system at shows.ucimc.org/calendar -- add shows to the on-line
calendar -- you can link to a summary of the show from there.  If you have
any feature requests you can e-mail zach at ucimc.org

Upcoming shows:
August 2 -- need a person to staff the IMC space.
August 3 -- need a door person.
Sept. 4 -- Girlzone dance night.
Sept. 6-8 -- Girlfest is coming to the IMC (pending steering group
approval).

Flyering: We need a bi-weekly flyer for the second half of July (all shows
after the 20th) -- Jason?  We also need these weekly fliers a week in
advance.  Zach will put out a call for additional flierers.

Recycling: Needs to be done -- Arun and Greg will recycle and hose things
at Zach & Arun's.

Sound Tech:  We now have a reverb unit thanks to Jay Eychaner who donated
it.  Awwwwwwwsome.

Back room: AC is better & we need fans.  We need to stop the Mackies from
over-heating.  Might be good to use extra cooling.  Zach will spec out
fans.  Zach and Jane are going to work on micing the room and having
speakers outside the back room.

Adjourned 10:15

Respectfully Submitted,

--Sascha