[Imc] Steering notes, 6/9/02

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Sun Jun 9 17:50:39 UTC 2002

Steering 6/9/2002

Attending: Brian, Mike W., Amy, Clint (notetaking), James (facilitating),
Mike L.

Group reports:

Space: Toilet and sink in bathroom are fixed.  THANKS MIKE!  Mike is
investigating the back sink.

Shows:  Sound training happened last week.  Jane (Grrlzone intern) has a
truck and is taking recycling as needed; YAY!

Tech:  Video camera has been bought, but is not yet available for use.

Librarians: Met last week.  There are some new books.  When Ellen is
moved, she'll be working on the archives.

Print:  Articles for next month are due June 13th.  It looks like all
1600 papers were delivered of the June issue; great work!  Sandra is
heading up work on the July issue.

Finance: No spoke.

Radio: No spoke.

Old Business:

Fourth of July: AWARE is working on a fourth of july float; you can
attend their meetings at the IMC at 7pm on Sundays, after the AWARE
general meeting from 6-8pm.

Web site issues:

"Larry is Dead" article prompted a discussion, which was hid.  "Death
to Jews" post was hid, then reposted as a comment, and hid again.  Brief
discussion of editing and dada.

Sweet Corn Festival:

Does the IMC want to have a table?  It's Saturday, August 24th,
11am-10:30pm.  Something to keep in mind, and if anyone wants to head it
up, please let us know.  Also, the Labor Day parade in Champaign is
coming up, and the IMC might consider marching in it as a friend of
labor.

Andrew Kennis:

We will give him the money raised from the Israel/Palestine speaking
event, as soon as we get the minidisc back.  Consensus achieved, pending
objection from missing spokes.

Announcements: Today at 1pm Sascha and Danielle will be on AM 580
(prerecorded).

Prompting theatre has a show next Saturday, 3pm at Parkland.

Cabaret is doing better; we had 15 people last week, and many new
performers.  We also have "regular" audience members.

				-Clint