[Imc] More Hidden Posts and a Proposed Solution

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 17 06:43:38 UTC 2002

The very last part of this post with article numbers 5974, 5978, 5981,
and 5987 has info on articles hidden today from the Caplock Crackpot. As
you can see from a stroll through this extensive document, this person
has been a persistent abuser of the UCIMC website in a number of ways,
as I detail below. I think enough time has been spent on dealing with
this person, whose is easily identifiable by his style, even with the
wide variety of pseudonyms which he adopts. Today's hidings of his slop,
based mostly on the fact that they do not serve to promote discourse
here on our website, will be discussed at next Sunday's Steering group
meeting.

However, given the extensive, repetitive pattern of this easily
identifiable behavior, I will also suggest that this person's future
posts here at UCIMC be hidden. While there are a wide variety of names
used by this person to post under, a reading of the cited works below
should convince most people that it isn't very difficult to figure out
who the author of these sorts of posts actually is at this point.

Please note that while this person has made many rude comments about me,
I could care less personally. My only concern (everybody knows I'm
thick-skinned) is that such behavior does, however, contribute to an
atmposphere that is not condusive to political discourse nor does it
represent what the website should be used for. Which I think is a large
part of the problem. DAN thinks that this is some sort of newsgroup
where you prove you're old enough to shave by trying to start arguments
with people. I think the time has come to put an end to his little game
in the best interest of our IMC.

I include the relevant parts of our policy which apply.