[Imc] 4 of J parade workday

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Sun Jun 30 20:43:09 UTC 2002

We're gonna have a workday (er, night) to create banners, flags,
streamers, and what-have-yous for the IMC's spot in the 4 of J parade.
This will be on Monday, starting at 6 PM at the IMC.

During the steering group meeting on Sunday, it was thought best to not
have a float which could be seen as negative toward the news-gazette.
Instead, we will present a positive image of ourselves.  Without the need
for a float now, we will create colorful banners and flags, which focus
around our modified version of the 4 of J theme, "Freeing People, Freeing
Press" (the 4 of J theme is "A Free People, A Free Press").

When we've finished with our stuff, we could mosie on over to the AWARE
site and help with their decorations, if people wish.

In addition, all are welcomed to march with the IMC.  One idea that was
had during the steering group meeting was that anyone who marched could
wear a sign or something that said "I'm a reporter" thus emphasizing that
thru the IMC anyone can report on an event, not just those who get paid by
the advertisers, therefore bringing to the streets the aspect of community
journalism.

so, see you on either Monday at 6 at the IMC for creation of flags and
stuff, or on Thursday at Noon, near the east side of Krannert (the side
closest to Lincoln Avenue), which is where the IMC and AWARE groups have
their designated spots, or better yet see you at both.

brian