[Imc] Indymedia denied .coop domain name

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 4 17:44:19 UTC 2002

How rumors begin...

I was contacted by several Indymedia folks last week to help get
media.coop for the IMC Network and have been in contact with the folks at
the .coop verification center.  Our liaison, Mary Allen is currently
reviewing the materials I faxed her last Friday and will make a decision
soon.  To be clear, media.coop has not been rejected, it is under review
and verification.  I will be the first to know if it is rejected, and you
will all surely be amongst the second.

--Sascha