[Imc] Call to action: Fight racism in the Champaign School District.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 6 06:35:38 UTC 2002

News Tips:

Here's a link to contact info for the federal court in Peoria. Of course
courts are notoriously close-mouthed when it comes to dealing with the
press, even if you're not from the IMC;>)
<http://www.ilcd.uscourts.gov/judges_P.htm>

My guess is to try to find out which law firm is handling things and ask
for comment there. John Lee Johnson will know this.

You can also go to the link on the left of the webpage linked above that
says "Public Access" to gain access to fed court records. There may also
be a lag in them being posted, which would give you an excuse to press
whoever is answering the phone at the courthouse in Peoria for a little
more info, if you determine that the decision hasn't been posted yet.
You have to register for this "Public Access", although it's free to
use. This might actually be the best short term link to the decision
that put the Champaign schools under supevision of the court.
You damn sure haven't seen it in the News-Gazette (surprised?) but I
seem to recall hearing about it on WILL-AM580; maybe someone in the
newsroom there can steer you in the right direction.

Just some tips. I can't work the story itself. I have too many other
irons in the fire.
Mike Lehman