[Imc] Postponement of the Journalist Training Series

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Thu Mar 14 23:38:11 UTC 2002

Well, folks, too many events are colliding at once and I feel that, for my
own sanity, the IMC Citizen Journalist Training Series will have to be
postponed one week.  Here's a revised schedule:

March 25:  Introduction to Story Writing

April 1:  Photo Journalism for Independent Journalists

April 8:  Basics of Audio Field Recording (how to record an event and
conduct interviews)

April 15:  Digital Audio Editing (the mechanics and techniques of digital
editing)

April 22:  Producing an Audio Piece (rubrics and theory for laying out
audio pieces)

April 29:  Basics of Video Field Recording

I'm still lining up presenters for these programs; hopefully I'll have a
finalized schedule in the next 2 or 3 days.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I hope that this doesn't throw
people's schedules off too badly.  Hope to see many people out for this!

Michael