[Imc] New books at the IMC Library

jacobs jacobs at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 20 05:10:05 UTC 2002

Hi all. Here's the latest additions to the IMC library. We are growing
steadily, but would like to ask for continued donations. Especially needed are
magazine subscriptions. Please consider having your subscription to your
favorite magazine mailed to the IMC for all to share.

Thanks.

James Jacobs
Radical Librarian

Audio and Video:
--Empowerment Project “Panama Deception: Explosing the coverup!”
--People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals “Meet your meat”
--Madacy Music Group “Reefer Madness”
--MPI Home Video “Coverup: Behind the Iran Contra Affair”

Environment:
--Anderson, Luke “Genetic engineering, food and our environment”
--Teitel, Martin and Wilson, Kimberly A. “Genetically engineered food:
changing the nature of nature (Second Edition)”
--Lappe, Marc and Bailey, Britt “Against the grain: biotechnology and the
corporate takeover of your food”
--Lambrecht, Bill “Dinner at the new gene cafe: how genetic engineering is
changing what we eat, how we live, and the global politics of food”

Fiction:
--Salinger, J.D. “Franny and Zooey”
--Pilkey, Dav “Adventures of Captain Underpants”
--Bonnefoy, Yves “In the shadow's light”
--Eggers, Dave “Heartbreaking work of staggering genius”

Politics:
--Chomsky, Noam “Nine-Eleven (9-11)”
--Buhle, Mari Jo, Buhle, Paul and Kaye, Harvey J. “American Radical”

Social and Cultural Studies:
--Lasn, Kalle “Culture Jam: the uncooling of America”
--Duncombe, Stephen	“Notes from underground: zines and the politics of
alternative culture”
--Crimeth Inc. Workers' Collective “Days of war nights of love: crimethink for
beginners”

Reference and Reports:
--Consumer Reports “Consumer Reports buying guide 1997”
--Lacy, Norris J. “Arthurian Encyclopedia”

Arts and Culture:
--Sakolsky, Ron and Ho, Fred Wei-Han “Sounding off! Music as
subversion/resistance/revolution”
--Nation, The “Perspectives 1865 - 2000: A time capsule of classic selections
by the world's most provocative writers, thinkers and poets from the pages of
The Nation”