[Imc] Shows Group Meeting Minutes (3/27/02):

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 28 04:18:15 UTC 2002

Present:  Sascha M. (Notes), Eric H. (Facilitating), Matt C., Jenny S.,
Greg K., Amy G., Zach M.

1. Review show setup/breakdown policy and get that stuff laminated and in
the show book.
-- Jenny S. made a list for show set up and breakdown.  It will be posted
on Dewey in the "Shows" folder.  Jenny will have trashcans for Saturday's
show.

2. Phone/email list for all show people (some people like Matt don't have
email and we should have a list in case we need to get ahold of each
other).
-- Eric H. passed around a signup list.

3. Burnout check and committment updates.
-- Matt C. wants to know what to do.  Jenny's burned out.  Matt would like
to book stuff in the future & wants to sign up for shows.  Jenny's only
worried about flyer distribution & Eric is also worried about flyers.  We
need to flyer up through the Dressy Bessy show -- Amy, Zach, Matt, Eric,
and Jenny will split the flyer runs.  Zach and Matt will work together to
hit Urbana.  We need a list of who to contact for shows -- Jenny has the
list and it will be posted to Dewey.  Everyone's feeling good.

4. Jimmy & getting a PA.
-- Eric H. and Jimmy Meyers will be at the UCIMC tomorrow (Thursday) at 4
p.m.

5. Staffing the next month's shows.
--
3/30/02
Sound: Zach (& Matt)
Door: Amy
Food/Setup: Jenny
--
3/31/02 CANCELLED
--
4/6/02
Sound: Zach, Matt
Door: Amy
Food/Setup:
--
4/7/02
Sound: Sascha
Door: Eric
Food/Setup: Jenny
--
4/9/02
Sound: Sascha
Door: Matt
Food Setup: Jenny/Amy
--
4/12/02
Sound: Jimmy Meyers (?)
Door: Eric
Food Setup: Amy
Misc.: Matt, Sascha(?), Jenny (?)
--
4/13/02
Sound: Matt
Door: Eric
Food/Setup: Jenny
[we need 4 mics for the show -- can get from Humpty Dumpster]
--
4/17/02
Sound: Matt (Sascha)
Door: Eric
Food/Setup: Jenny
--
4/19/02
Sound: Sascha (Amy)
Door: Eric
Food/Setup: Jenny
--
4/20/02
Sound: Sascha (Amy)

6. Intro sound training with Zach (and Humpty Dumpster).
-- Sunday afternoon 2-6 there will be a sound training with Humpty
Dumpster.

7. Show security issues.
-- In the future, we won't do gigs that might pose security problems.  The
problem posed is that the River City Radicals's constituency has been
violent at previous gigs.  Decision made to cancel the 3/31/02 show.

8. Back room improvements.
-- Tomorrow will be PA investigating with Eric & Jimmy; Matt will price
out egg carton foam; we should look for fundraising opportunities.

Adjourned at 10:15p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

--Sascha Meinrath