[Imc] IMC Shows Group Notes, 15 May 2002

Michael S. Feltes mfeltes at ucimc.org
Thu May 16 22:30:24 UTC 2002

IMC Shows Meeting

Present: Clint (facilitating), Sascha, Michael, Jason, Jenny, Greg, Jane,
Eric

Recycling:

Zach looked into large-scale recycling.  No local carriers will take our
recycling on a reasonable basis.  So we're looking for a bootstrapping
method (e.g. someone takes a truck full of recyclables to the Golden
Goat).

Food Selling:

We're going to set up Zach's chest freezer in the back for Tofutti Cuties.

Work Day:

A work day will not work this Saturday: no critical mass.  We'll try for
June 2 with the sound training.

Sound Training:

June 2nd, The Violents are coming in for a sound training session.

Flyers:

Jason has made a mock-up of a poster for long-term posters w/ many shows,
and a consistent i-shows footer for all flyers.

Do we want to lend the consistent look to rental shows?  Jason proposes
that we consense on which rental shows we want to promote.

IMC Show Primer:

Jenny has prepared a handbook on tips to book shows.  There will be a
meeting going over the info at 1 on Sunday.

Just as a note, templates should be put on Dewey, the IMC file server.

IMC Show CD's at WEFT:

Mike and Clint will try and keep up the IMC CD Box at WEFT now that
they're on the Courier.

Shows Web Page:

Jason suggests that we use Blogger to avoid the pain and hassle of writing
a CGI script.  He'll contact Zach about setting it up.

Flyers:

Paul will take care of downtown Urbana.

PA Reimbursment:

Sascha would like to begin reimbursing himself for the PA system.

His proposal is, after discussion, to leave $500 in the shows account for
equipment breakage and contingency, and Sascha will skim off what is above
that to begin paying himself off.  No objections.

Show Schedule and Staffing - May:

Sunday the 19th - Sarah Dougher

Door: Paul
Food: Jenny
Sound: Sascha (training Jane and Greg)

Tuesday the 21st - Red Hot Valentines

Door: Michael
Food: Clint
Sound: Zach

Friday the 24th - Rental: After Sundown

Door: Clint (unless anyone steps up)

Saturday the 25th - Rental: Greg's Punk Show
Door: Jane

Friday the 31st - Naysayer

Door: Eric
Sound: Amy and Jane (w/ help from Zach)