[Imc] REGIONAL GATHERING (at the UCIMC) -- a call for coordinating help:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Fri Sep 6 16:01:23 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

The UCIMC will be hosting our SECOND ANNUAL Regional Indymedia Gathering
from October 18-20, 2002!  Last year was a great success and over 50
people from a dozen different states showed up.  This year will be even
larger and we need people to step forward to help coordinate different
aspects of the event.  Areas where we need someone to step forward
include:

Housing Coordination -- matching gathering participants with volunteers
with housing space.

Food Preparation -- providing light snacks and meals for participants.

Program Development -- creating and facilitating a program of events.

Documentation -- getting information disseminated via web and etc.

Fundraising -- off-setting the costs of the gathering.

If half-a-dozen folks step forward these tasks will be quite easy to
coordinate.  If you are interested in taking on one of these roles please
contact me.  People from throughout the IMC Network are looking forward to
this event and I hope that we can get a great turnout for the occasion.

If you know you will be attending, please register for the gathering
on-line at:  http://gathering.ucimc.org

Notes from last years gathering include:

AM Group Discussion on Developing Local IMCs:
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=2919

The notes for the pm session of the IMC gathering on October 19-21:
http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=2920

Notes from St. Louis participants:
http://www.ucimc.org//front.php3?article_id=2851

If you have any questions or can help out with the event, please let me
know, looking forward to another great gathering,

--Sascha