[IMC] Economics of Happiness community screening

Irene Sakellarakis girlie5870 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:58:26 UTC 2012

Good morning,

My name is Irene Sakellarakis and I live in Urbana. I work at the College
of Law and I'm just an interested citizen, neither a film buff nor an
activist in the traditional sense, though I've been to my share of marches.
I am, however, a person who is devoted to the idea that change has to start
somewhere, that it often has to come in increments, that leading by example
is effective, and that community is both a place and an idea that needs to
be fed so it can grow well.

I've recently begun exploring the International Society for Ecology and
Culture and I found the film they are promoting called Economics of
Happiness. I would like to see this film but it's not available online. So
I thought about trying to drum up some interest for a community screening
of the movie. Having never approached a project of this magnitude, I was
wondering if organizations like yours might have experience with something
like this, or might be interested in gaining some!

If either/both of your organizations has any interest, I would love the
opportunity to discuss how we might go about organizing a community event.
The websites I've started with are:

movie: http://www.theeconomicsofhappiness.org/community-screenings

ISEC: http://www.localfutures.org/

Thank you for your attention,