[IMC] Press Release | Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio Celebration!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 21:19:32 UTC 2012

*PRESS RELEASE*

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*CONTACT: Rachel Lauren Storm
                                       *

*Director, Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio                  *

*Outta the Mouths of Babes | UC-IMC*

*rachelstrm at gmail.com | tel. (217) 550-1472*

* *

*
Outta the Mouths of Babes Local Radio Celebration
*

*When: Saturday, August 11th, 2012*

*Time:2pm-4pm at the Independent Media Center*

* *

Join us for an Outta the Mouths of Babes celebration! Sponsored by an
Urbana Arts Grant, Outta the Mouths of Babes is a 12-week summer youth
radio program where kids between 5-11 years old comment on arts and culture
in Champaign-Urbana. At our celebration, Outta the Mouths of Babes youth
correspondents will display any work they’ve created in a closing reception
for the public! Sound-bytes from their show will be played, too! The event
will feature a photo/artwork display from youth and a certificate awards
ceremony for completing the program with us. Free and open to the public,
we hope you'll join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these
radio-famous youth! We'll have refreshments and goodies for the whole
family.

Outta the Mouths of Babes, as a project, is rooted in a commitment to youth
empowerment, diversity education and cultural learning, digital media
literacy, and a commitment to engaging folks of all ages in local arts and
social culture. We know that youth bring a strong attention to community
engagement, vibrant story-telling, and hands-on education. Youth often see
and understand in expansive, divergent ways that adults have been trained
to no longer tap into. By giving youth a space to share their insights and
ideas, the Youth Correspondents will teach adult listeners how to find
their own ways of seeing and engaging our local community.

*
Free and open to the public. If you have any questions or require specific
accommodations, please email the Outta the Mouths of Babes Program
Directors, Rachel Storm or Alex Cline, at rachelstrm at gmail.com, or
rev.a.r.cline at gmail.com or call (217) 550-1472.
*

For information regarding convenient parking, contact the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center. The Champaign Urbana Mass Transit District (MTD)
provides service from many lines to a bus stop in front of the UC-IMC. For
bus schedules, call the MTD, (217) 384-8188.

--
R A C H E L   L A U R  E N   S T O R M
*Program Director, **Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio Project*
www.outtathemouthsofbabes.com | rachelstrm at gmail.com
Airs every Saturday and Sunday at 12pm.