[IMC] [Outta the Mouths of Babes] You're Invited!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 20:59:52 UTC 2012

Hey Friends,

All summer, Alex and I have been working hard to make radio on arts +
culture with youth in our community. We've taken them to experimental music
shows, they've helped plant a community garden, experienced a Japanese tea
ceremony, and the list goes on. We are at the end of their summer program
and we are hosting a Local Radio Celebration in their honor! I'm hoping you
all can find it in your schedules to attend their celebration on Saturday
from 2pm-4pm. They want to feel famous (and do!) and we hope to celebrate
all of their hard work this summer. Please join us for food, art stations,
music and games on Saturday for folks of all ages--as well as a small
graduation ceremony for our inaugural Outta the Mouths of Babes youth! *Spread
the word! We want this to be an intergenerational event for folks all over
the CU community. *

*Outta the Mouths of Babes Local Radio Celebration*
 When: Saturday, August 11th, 2012
Time:2pm-4pm at the Independent Media Center
Details:Join us for an Outta the Mouths of Babes celebration! Sponsored by
an Urbana Arts Grant, Outta the Mouths of Babes is a 12-week summer youth
radio program where kids between 5-11 years old comment on arts and culture
in Champaign-Urbana. At our celebration, OMB youth correspondents will
display any work they’ve created in a closing reception for the public!
Sound bytes from their show will be played, too! The event will feature a
photo/artwork display from youth and a certificate awards ceremony for
completing the program with us. Free and open to the public, we hope you'll
join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these radio-famous youth!
We'll have refreshments and goodies for the whole family.

Warmest regards,
Rachel

--
R A C H E L   L A U R  E N   S T O R M
*Program Director, **Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio Project*
www.outtathemouthsofbabes.com | rachelstrm at gmail.com
Airs every Saturday and Sunday at 12pm.