[IMC] Grassroots Radio Conference promotional materials

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Jul 11 16:55:09 UTC 2012

Here is the promotions package we are using to reach out to groups who have
offered to help. Please feel free to use it in your efforts.

--------

Thank you so much for promoting the Grassroots Radio Conference to your
networks. This is the biggest event of the year for groups who want to
seize the power of radio to transform their communities. Here are:

   - Email blast (below)
   - Press Release (attached)
   - Facebook page <http://www.facebook.com/events/299554670137652/>
   - Audio PSA (attached)
   - Poster (attached)
   - Twitter: RT Need more independent media in your city? Register for
   Grassroots Radio Conference! Urbana,IL 6/26-29. htt//<http://t.co/GyqsyWGG>
   grassrootsradioconference.org <http://t.co/GyqsyWGG>

Thanks!
Danielle Chynoweth, Prometheus Radio Project
 *
*

[image: Inline image 1]

*Grassroots Radio Conference <http://www.grassrootsradioconference.org/>*

*July 26-29, 2012*
*Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center, Illinois*
*
*
*REGISTER NOW <http://www.grassrootsradioconference.org/registration>*

*Does your community need more independent media? Does our country need
more progressive media outlets? *

Thanks to national legislatio*n, we are facing **the biggest expansion of
community radio* <http://prometheusradio.org/start_a_station>* in US history
*, with stations soon to be available in most major cities where they can
reach up to half a million listeners.

*This is a historic chance for the progressive and social justice groups to
build nationwide media infrastructure to amplify our messages, mobilize our
communities, and build power. *

 *Community radio stations have been used to raise wages for farmworkers,
educate voters, and clean up toxic waste.  *These stations hold politicians
accountable, coordinate emergency response, and create on-air forums for
community debate.

This conference will provide you with everything you need to know to get on
air - all in one place at an affordable price!

Learn how to form a local coalition to start a radio station in your
community and stream online. Integrate multimedia, community engagement,
arts, and journalism into your station. Learn about public broadband and
community wireless.  Produce media, get fundraising support, and learn how
to do outreach.

The keynote speaker is *Joe Torres*, co-author of *News for All the People:
**The Epic Story of Race and the American Media.*

Whether you're an experienced broadcaster, or if you've never made media
before, come learn how you can help expand community radio and amplify
voices in your town or city! Look at the
sessions<http://grassrootsradioconference.org/sessions> and
presenters <http://grassrootsradioconference.org/presenters>.

*REGISTER NOW* <http://www.grassrootsradioconference.org/registration>

$75-125 for the weekend.  Home-stays, childcare (ages 1-9),
rideshare<http://grassrootsradioconference.org/forum/8>forum and
Spanish translation are available. Need support coming?  There
are volunteer opportunities and scholarships for registration and
travel<http://www.grassrootsradioconference.org/content/affording-grc>
make sure everyone can attend.

Hosted by Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://www.ucimc.org/>,
a vibrant community center and home to WRFU Radio Free Urbana 104.5
LP-FM. Co-sponsored
by Free Press, Brown Paper Tickets, Prometheus Radio Project, the New
America Foundation's Open Technology Insitute, WRFU 104.5 - Radio Free
Urbana, WEFT 90.1 FM, Illinois Public Media, Urbana Public Television, Volo
Broadband, Media Action Grassroots Network, Makerspace Urbana, and
Chambana.net.

Contact: Austin McCann 2012grc at gmail.com or 217-344-8820.