[IMC] Call for Housing Justice, Shareholder Activism

Barbara Heisler, Funding Exchange info at fex.org
Fri Jun 22 17:25:17 UTC 2012

Is this email not displaying correctly?
[1]View it in your browser.
FEX_logo
[2]Donate Now »
Follow on Twitter [3]Follow Us On Twitter
Friend on Facebook [4]Friend Us On Facebook
Forward to Friend [5]Forward To A Friend
TheExchange
  Links:
    1. http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    2. http://www.fex.org/contribute-online?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    3. http://www.twitter.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    4. http://www.facebook.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-Grantee_Announcement_5_2_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    5. http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Are you a shareholder? Then you can be a shareholder activist[6]The Funding Exchange has joined with a group of over 40
institutional investors, led by Walden Asset Management and AFSCME, to
introduce a set of shareholder resolutions to 40 companies urging them
to move away from business-as-usual.
  Links:
    6. http://fex.org/blog/are-you-shareholder-activist?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

These resolutions would require these corporations to report on
lobbying expenditures, including indirect funding of lobbying through
trade associations. [7]Here's an update on FEX's shareholder activism.
Citizen's United: What's Possible for Donors and Activists
  Links:
    7. http://fex.org/blog/are-you-shareholder-activist%20?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

[8]We’re all familiar with the many issues caused by the
2010 Citizens United Supreme Court decision. It will be many years (and
many election cycles) before we see any changes to the new electoral
landscape the decision has created. What can we do in the short term?
  Links:
    8. http://fex.org/news/political-education-call-citizens-united?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Maxim Thorne has some intriguing answers. On Tuesday, July 10th from
5:00 – 6:15 pm EST, Funding Exchange will present a political education
call: Citizens United: What’s Possible for Donors and Activists.

During the call, Maxim, who holds teaching positions at Yale College,
Yale Law School and Yale School of Management, will explore his
provocative idea that nonprofits can and should begin to think of
financial power and freedom of speech differently. He’ll explain why
nonprofits must stop ignoring the positive and powerful implications of
Citizens United.

[9]Read more about this conversation and how to join in
  Links:
    9. http://fex.org/news/political-education-call-citizens-united?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

A Call for Housing Justice
[10]Earlier this year, Funding Exchange launched
political education programming for our stakeholders. Our first
conference call, in February, brought together housing activists,
donors and people in philanthropy to talk about bright spots in the
struggle against foreclosure in our country right now.
  Links:
    10. http://fex.org/news/a-call-for-housing-justice?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

There’s a strong movement for housing justice on many fronts, and this
movement needs support from people who want to get to the root causes
of the housing crisis. [11]Becky Rafter describes the movement for
housing justice
  Links:
    11. http://fex.org/news/a-call-for-housing-justice?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Towards a Stronger National Network[12]My connections with
leaders throughout the Funding Exchange network give me a chance to see
how each of the 16 member funds are engaging more people with emerging
social justice movements. And it gives me a chance to bring people
together to share what’s working best in their communities.
  Links:
    12. http://fex.org/news/a-stronger-national-network?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

For example, member funds are developing youth-led grantmaking
programs. [13]Lucretia John on the Funding Exchange Network.
  Links:
    13. http://fex.org/news/a-stronger-national-network?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Want to support Funding Exchange's work? [14]Donate Now
FUNDING EXCHANGE STAFF
Barbara Heisler, Executive Director
[15]barbara.heisler at fex.org
[16]212.529.5300 x300
  Links:
    14. https://fex.org/contribute-online?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    15. mailto:barbara.heisler at fex.org
    16. tel:212.529.5300%20x300

Donor Inquiries
Becky Rafter, Director of Stakeholder Engagement
[17]brafter at fex.org
[18]212.529.5300 x315
  Links:
    17. mailto:brafter at fex.org
    18. tel:212.529.5300%20x315

Nanda Witharanage, Grants Administrator
[19]nanda.witharanage at fex.org
[20]212.529.5300 x313
  Links:
    19. mailto:nanda.witharanage at fex.org
    20. tel:212.529.5300%20x313

Program Inquiries
Lucretia John, Program Officer
[21]lucretia.john at fex.org
[22]212.529.5300 x320
  Links:
    21. mailto:lucretia.john at fex.org
    22. tel:212.529.5300%20x320

General Inquiries
Drew Zimmerman, Office Manager
[23]drew.zimmerman at fex.org
212.529.5300 x300
[24]Donate Now
Copyright © 2012 Funding Exchange, All rights reserved.
You have been included in this mailing because of an affiliation with
Funding Exchange. If you have received this email in error, please
accept our apologies and click the "unsubscribe" link.
  Links:
    23. mailto:drew.zimmerman at fex.org
    24. https://fex.org/contribute-online?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Our mailing address is:
Funding Exchange
666 Broadway
Suite 500
New York, NY 10012
[25]Add us to your address book
[26]unsubscribe from this list | [27]update subscription preferences
  Links:
    25. http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email
    27. http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=&utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4a2fc05398-June_2012_Exchange_6_22_2012&utm_medium=email

Sent to imc at ucimc.org — [28]why did I get this?
[29]unsubscribe from this list | [30]update subscription preferences
    28. http://fex.us2.list-manage2.com/about?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=1ef5d836a6&c=4a2fc05398
    30. http://fex.us2.list-manage2.com/profile?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=1ef5d836a6