[IMC] ATTN: GARY STORM

Rick rickmay at ameritech.net
Tue Mar 13 22:06:11 UTC 2012

About one week ago, my daughter and her boyfriend were in town visiting
friends at the U of I.  While at a bar located on campus, the young man was
hit in the nose with a blind-sided punch from some guy that was 6'4" and
maybe 275#.  I assure you my daughter's boyfriend is as reserved a fellow
that I have ever seen.  I also assure you that this was not a bar fight, but
a case of "aggravated battery" per the police report, and brought on without
provocation.  Unfortunately, the boy had surgery on his nose, just
yesterday.

Without getting into it now, I just have it in my gut that the chances are
high that the offender was an off-duty police officer.

I have been investigating this for a week, and I have asked the police chief
why the bar tapes were not picked up given that they were offered to the
police the night of the incident.  That request was made yesterday, and I am
waiting for an answer.  My best guess is that I will be making another phone
call, or email reminder.  I have spent hours on the internet searching
images and articles, but have not come up with recent photos of the Metro
Unit, Campus Police or Champaign police.

To be blunt, what I am looking for is photos of police officers from the
University, the City of Champaign, and perhaps, Rantoul.  I have seen a
photo of a campus cop (rides a motorcycle) that looks like one of the men.
If this officer was in the bar, his friends may be fellow Campus police, or
they may be Champaign police.  I see that there is a lot of "cooperation"
between the law enforcement groups, such as the Metro Unit which brings in
Rantoul, even though that town is a little more distant.

I have seen enough online to know that there are some bad cops, particularly
on the Champaign Police force.  I also get the feeling that I would be
wasting my time trying to get help from them.  I have also read a lot online
along with some articles from your website.  I was, therefore, hoping that
you might help with some photos or a suggestion to give me better direction
through your ideas or contacts.  Your thoughts?

Regards,

Rick May

708-246-5201