[IMC] Media student at U of I wanting Interview with someone for project

Daniel Chung dschung2 at illinois.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:35:52 UTC 2012

Hello, Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center! My name is Daniel Chung,
and I am a Media student at the University of Illinois.

For a final project, I am studying the Adbusters Media Foundation in their
fight against excessive consumerism and the notion of culture jamming, and
one of the requirements for the project is to actually interview someone
who is involved in the field. My Professor suggested that I try the
Independent Media Center because it is the local version of Adbusters, in a
sense.

I understand that this organization is committed to using media production
as a means of promoting social and economic justice in the Champaign-Urbana
area, and I was wondering if anyone at the Center had time for a brief 5-10
minute interview about their experience in the field. I understand
completely  if you guys are busy. An online, email interview will suffice
as well. But if possible, I'd like to conduct an interview face-to-face,
and actually record the process to be used in the video portion of the
final presentation.

Let me know! Thank you so much for your time and consideration! Hope to
hear from you soon.

Daniel