[IMC] Hear from the directors of two Streaming for Change Films

Barbara Heisler, Funding Exchange drew.zimmerman at fex.org
Tue Oct 2 16:38:27 UTC 2012

Hear from the directors of two of the films we've selected for this fall's Streaming For Change film festival.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser (http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=) .
FEX_logo
Donate Now » (http://www.fex.org/contribute-online?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email)
Follow on Twitter Follow Us On Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-The_Exchange_Summer_2012&utm_medium=email)
Friend on Facebook Friend Us On Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fundingxchange?utm_source=Funding+Exchange+List&utm_campaign=4f69b14834-Grantee_Announcement_5_2_2012&utm_medium=email)
Forward to Friend Forward To A Friend (http://us2.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=4f69b14834&e=)
StreamingforChange (http://www.streamingforchange.org)
Hello Funding Exchange Supporter,

We've got some great new bonus features as we lead up to this weekend's online film festival Streaming for Change (http://www.streamingforchange.org) --  our national fundraiser! Buy your "tickets" to six documentary films and then watch them in your own home, October 4-7.

Once you buy a "ticket" we'll send you the links to this unique film festival*, (https://fex.org/contribute-online)  and you can watch a film or two (or six) by yourself or with friends and family. We've got some director's interviews so you can learn more about the films.

On Coal River (http://streamingforchange.org/2012/10/burning-questions-q-a-with-directors-on-coal-river)
Francine Cavanaugh and Adams Wood, 81 minutes
The directors talk (http://streamingforchange.org/2012/10/burning-questions-q-a-with-directors-on-coal-river) about how they came to make a film about mountaintop removal and some of the impact the film has had (3 mins).

United in Anger: A History of ACT-UP (http://streamingforchange.org/2012/10/meet-jim-hubbard-director-of-united-in-anger-a-history-of-act-up)
Jim Hubbard, Director, Sarah Schulman, Producer, 93 minutes
A short interview with Jim Hubbard (http://streamingforchange.org/2012/10/meet-jim-hubbard-director-of-united-in-anger-a-history-of-act-up) where he answers questions like, "Why a film about ACT-UP now?" and talks about social movements influenced by ACT-UP (3 mins).

To see synopses for all six featured documentaries, go to streamingforchange.org (http://www.streamingforchange.org) .

To get a 'ticket" to this film festival, go to the online donation page of Funding Exchange (https://fex.org/contribute-online) .
The cost of your "ticket" is up to you. Just give at a level that is meaningful to you.

If you need a captioned version or other help to view the films, please contact Becky at brafter (mailto:brafter at fex.org) @ (mailto:brafter at fex.org) fex (mailto:brafter at fex.org) . (mailto:brafter at fex.org) org (mailto:brafter at fex.org) .

* Buy your "ticket" (https://fex.org/contribute-online)  no later October 5, 2012 at 5PM ET in order to have access to the films for the weekend! For access to the films for the full four days, go online today (https://fex.org/contribute-online) .

Enjoy!

Barbara Heisler
How to Watch:
Step one: Make your donation (https://fex.org/contribute-online) . Thank you!

Step two: We will send you an email with links to the films and a password for each on October 3rd, 2012.

Step three: Click the films you want to watch and stream documentaries to your heart’s content for up to four days!

Buying a ticket at any level supports the renewal of Bold Frontiers grants and Social Justice Collaboration grants (http://fex.org/grantmaking/who-we-support) for fiscal year 2013.

Funding Exchange
666 Broadway
Suite 500
New York, NY 10012

666 Broadway
Suite 500
New York, NY 10012
666 Broadway
Suite 500
Funding Exchange
New York
NY
10012

** Add us to your address book (http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/vcard?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6)

Sent to imc at ucimc.org — why did I get this? (http://fex.us2.list-manage.com/about?u=fa6d7a4333a1b0ae2ab0c4bb4&id=8b1167a6d6&e=1ef5d836a6&c=555b776e08)
Funding Exchange · 666 Broadway · Suite 500 · New York, NY 10012