[IMC] IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Habitat- Suzanne and Nakatani and Skantze Duo

YooJin Hong indigo.coop at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:51:52 UTC 2012

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, September 24th, 2012

CONTACT: Suzanne Keith Loechl
suzanneloechl at gmail.com

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Opening Reception for Habitat: Suzanne Keith Loechl

“Opening Reception for Habitat: Suzanne Keith Loechl” will happen on Friday
, September 28th, at the indi go Artist Co-Op, from 6:30-9:30pm.

I believe the land we live in and those who live in it to be strangely
beautiful -- yet enormously fragile. Having experienced many different
places growing up, the landscape has been a constant source of inspiration
for me. I am intrigued by the separation between the expansive suburban
landscape and nature. My recent work explores the purely human made
landscape on one hand and free flowing imagery representing the natural
world on the other, sometimes juxtaposing the two in a single piece.

www.suzannekeithloechl.com

Gallery hours 9/26-10/7th:
Monday-Wednesday: 4:30-8:30pm
Thursday: 5:30-8:30pm
Friday: 4-7pm
Saturday: 11-7pm
Sunday: 11-3pm  *
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*#**#*
*

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, September 24th, 2012

CONTACT: Jason Finkelman
finkelma at illinois.edu

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Nakatani and Skantze Duo

Nakatani Skantze Duo will happen on Wednesday, October 3rd, at the indi go
Artist Co-Op, starting at 8pm.

Japanese percussionist Tatsuya Nakatani and American Butoh dancer Vanessa
Skantze.
Tatsuya Nakatani (percussion) is originally from Osaka, Japan. In 2006 he
performed in 80 cities in 7 countries and collaborated with 163 artists
worldwide. In the past 10 years he has released nearly 50 recordings on CD.
He has created his own instrumentation, effectively inventing many
instruments and extended techniques. He utilizes drumset, bowed gongs,
cymbals, singing bowls, metal objects, bells, and various sticks an
d bows to create an intense, organic music that defies category or genre.
His music is based in improvised/ experimental music, jazz, free jazz,
rock, and noise, yet retains the sense of space and beauty found in
traditional Japanese folk music. In addition to live solo and ensemble
performances Tatsuya works as a sound designer for film and television. He
also teaches master classes and workshops at the University level. Tatsuya
also heads H&H Production, an independent record label and recording studio
based in Easton, Pennsylvania. He was selected as a performing artist for
the Pennsylvania Performing Artist on Tour (PennPat) roster as well as a
Bronx Arts Council Individual Artist grant.

Vanessa Skantze began the practice of butoh dance in 2002 shortly after she
co-founded the improvisational music/dance ensemble Death Posture in New
Orleans. Following many years of writing and performing spoken word,
performance works and physical theater, she dove into the pure language of
the body and the power of the butoh imagery to transcend personal and human
limitations. Throughout Death Posture's New Orleans time and subsequently
in Seattle -- where she arrived in 2004 with her dance partner Alex Ruhe --
Vanessa has constantly worked with experimental musicians in performances.
Now called Danse Perdue (lost dance), Vanessa and Alex create works as
intimate collaborations between bodies and sound, whether structured group
performance or solo/duo improvisations. She brings over ten years of
Ashtanga/Hatha yoga teaching experience, lending her butoh classes a deep
body specificity and technique in which to ground butoh imagery. Vanessa
and Alex have trained and performed with Jinen Butoh founder Atsushi
Takenouchi since 2003.

$10 general admission, $5 artists and students

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYuA6nVw97k<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTYuA6nVw97k&h=iAQHUlRrD&s=1>

          ###
*

--