[IMC] Fwd: April 10th for Immigration and help with banners

R Diaz xpenn.diaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 19:19:08 UTC 2013

From: Ricardo Diaz <diazr at cuimmigrationforum.org>
 Date: Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Subject: April 10th for Immigration and help with banners

Greetings
​RFU ​
friends:

This coming Wednesday April 10th is very important for immigration reform.
There will be a march on Washington by several organizations and the list
of events in different cities is growing. The common message to the
Congress, both Senators and Congresspeople is to get a bill together and
get the debate going officially. There has been a lot of posturing and the
risk is that everyone gives up before there is an actual vote. The ones
suffering will be the immigrants, again, and we would hope that our
legislators don't use them only as fodder, again.

Locally the CU Immigration Forum is sponsoring a march and vigil. The
details are in the attached flyers...please
​announce in your show, ​
copy, forward, relay, and sign up for information as to how else you can
help:

​​
KICK OFF MARCH @5:30 PM
UNIVERSITY YMCA-UIUC, 1001 S. WRIGHT ST, CHAMPAIGN

RALLY @6:00 PM
UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CHURCH, 309 W. GREEN ST,
URBANA

CLOSING RALLY & CANDLELIGHT VIGIL 6:30 PM @
FEDERAL COURTHOUSE, 201 S VINE ST, URBANA

​
​JOIN THE EVENT​
​​https://www.facebook.com/events/142839945897266/?ref=22​

 ​
CUimmigrationforum.org

​
We do need help on Sunday evening. A group will be making signs at the
University Y (7-9 PM) and I'm hoping to make a couple of big banners. I'm
looking to recycle any old vinyl ones that someone may have. Repainting
them and putting them to  use is good for the earth and good for social
justice. Let me know if I can pick them up or if you'd like to help in any
other way. I'm also looking for a small generator to run an outlet for 1
hour on that night.

Sincerely,

Ricardo Diaz
217-979-0255

The Champaign-Urbana Immigration Forum is composed of immigrants, students,
local clergy, service providers, labor unions representatives and ordinary
citizens concerned about the plight and contributions of immigrants in the
Champaign County community.

​​
CUimmigrationforum.org