[IMC] Urgent: Are you coming to the National Conference for Media Reform?

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Feb 13 22:39:44 UTC 2013

The *National Conference for Media
Reform*<http://conference.freepress.net/ncmr-2013>is coming up soon -
April 5-7th in Denver.
*
*If you are interested in going, need a scholarship, or want to coordinate
housing or travel, let me know ASAP - no later than this Saturday, Feb 16th.
*

So far we have 6 (+ baby) possibly going: Professor Liu Xue (visiting from
China), Carol Ammons, Kristina Williams, Brandon Bowersox, Rachel Storm,
Danielle Chynoweth (with Ezra).

This is an every other year major gathering of the media reform movement,
organized by Free Press.  It's a great learning and networking opportunity
focused on community journalism, social justice, policy, internet
freedom<http://conference.freepress.net/ncmr2013-themes>.
Great presenters <http://conference.freepress.net/presenters> including
Juan Gonzales of DN! and writer Stacey Ann Chin. I will be organizing a
strategy session on the future of community media.

Also, the *Allied Media Conference <http://amc.alliedmedia.org> *(June
20-23 in Detroit) is now accepting session proposals - feel free to
propose.  This is a vibrant conference of social justice organizers who use
media for social change.  Includes tours of amazing community media and
arts projects in Detroit. They have great child care and scholarship
support for those who need it.  A group of us will be driving up. So far, I
have Brian Dolinar, Alex Kline, Rebecca Ginsburg, Rachel Storm, and myself
as interested in going. Let me know if you want to come too!

thanks!
Danielle