[IMC] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Dead-ends; Motivated Portables: Usable experiments by imminent builders

Eszter Sápi indigo.coop at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 16:32:41 UTC 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 6th, 2013

CONTACT:

Eszter Sápi

indigo.coop at gmail.com

217-898-4646

*Dead-ends*

Indi Go is proud to present an exhibition of works by Colin Patrick Mosely
and Jacquelin Braemer. On view January 12-27th, 2013.

Opening reception: January 12th, 6-8pm.

Colin Mosely: On Collecting

Collecting forms an active relationship between you and the landscape
around you. It becomes a process of naturally cataloging what we choose to
see and how we choose to see it. Cataloging can be descriptive but also a
decoration for our books, theories, and memories. My art work speaks to
people as individuals making their own observations and forming their own
biases. My paintings and collages create dialogue within references of art
and science to better understand how we accumulate, collect, and categorize
knowledge.

Jacquelin Braemer:

The most distinct and accurate expression of life is myth. We come up with
invented stories or ideas because we are incapable of recounting even a
moment in time exactly as it occurred- we are only able to recount
something in the unique way that we remember it. In reality actual events
pale in comparison to what is going on inside our minds. My collages show
the fragility of that unique perception, of subjective truths, and are
representative of individual conscious and unconscious thought.

*Motivated Portables:  Usable experiments by imminent builders***

Indi Go is proud to have works by Brian Albrecht, Jay Alcantar, Nicholas
Berchtold, Becca Bierbower, Meagan Calnon, Jonathan Davis, Donald
Hickman, Dorian Janowicz, Zhewei Lin, Melissa Burgos, Milena
Rostad, Norbert Schlotter, Milena Todorovic, Mulugeta Woldgeogis and Stefan
Young. On view January 18-27th, 2013.

Opening reception: January 18th, 6-8pm

In Fall, 2012, a group of graduate students enrolled in the architecture
curriculum at the University of Illinois elected to broaden their focus
from large-scale buildings to small-scale lamps, chairs, and tables. This
exhibit of their constructed prototypes serves to demonstrate that
creativity, functionality, and delight can happen at any scale, and can be
incorporated into our most intimate spaces.

--
Eszter Sápi
Gallery Director