[IMC] Press Release | Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio Program

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 21:18:36 UTC 2013

*PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*
CONTACT: Rachel Lauren Storm
 , Director

Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center, WRFU 104.5

rachelstrm at gmail.com | tel. (
 630) 677-7219
*

"Registration Now Open for Local Youth Radio Program, Outta the Mouths of
Babes"

Sponsored by an Urbana Arts Grant, Outta the Mouths of Babes is a 12-week
summer youth radio program where kids between 5-11 years old comment on
arts and culture in Champaign-Urbana.
Now in our second year, Outta the Mouths of Babes is seeking youth to join
our summer program, an opportunity to learn about radio production and
youth journalism and explore arts and culture in Champaign-Urbana! Hearing
their voices on the radio (WRFU 104.5), the youth will gain confidence in
speaking, connect with other kids their age, and build community!
  The best way to get to know the program is to check out our website and
Facebook pages for more information.
 *Interested families should attend our *
*Family Orientation at the Independent Media Center in Urbana on the 15th
of June, a Saturday, from 11am-1pm.
 Please RSVP.
*
*
*
*
**
Outta the Mouths of Babes
Family Orientation
*
*When: Saturday,
June 15th, 2013

Time:

11am-1pm
 at the Independent Media Center*
*
Please RSVP to rachelstrm at gmail.com  <rachelstrm at gmail.com+%E2%80%8B>
*
*
*Families will be able to register at our orientation!
*
Outta the Mouths of Babes, as a project, is rooted in a commitment to youth
empowerment, diversity education and cultural learning, digital media
literacy, and engaging folks of all ages in local arts and social culture.
We know that youth bring a strong attention to community engagement,
vibrant story-telling, and hands-on education. Youth often see and
understand in expansive, divergent ways that adults have been trained to no
longer tap into. By giving youth a space to share their insights and ideas,
the Youth Correspondents will teach adult listeners how to find their own
ways of seeing and engaging our local community.

Our website: www.outtathemouthsofbabes.com
Or become a fan on Facebook of "Outta the Mouths of Babes"

*If you have any questions or require specific accommodations, please email
the Outta the Mouths of Babes Program Director, Rachel Storm

at rachelstrm at gmail.com
.
*

For information regarding convenient parking
 for our orientation
, contact the Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center. The Champaign
Urbana Mass Transit District (MTD) provides service from many lines to a
bus stop in front of the UC-IMC. For bus schedules, call the MTD
 at
 (217) 384-8188.

*
####END####*
*
*
R A C H E L   L A U R  E N   S T O R M
*Program Director, **Outta the Mouths of Babes Youth Radio Project*
WRFU 104.5 | Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
202 S. Broadway Ave. Urbana, IL 61801
www.outtathemouthsofbabes.com | rachelstrm at gmail.com
Airs every Saturday and Sunday at 12pm.*
*
*
*