[IMC] Inquiry from UIUC students

Zheng, Da dazheng2 at illinois.edu
Mon Mar 4 22:38:07 UTC 2013

Dear UC Independent Media Center,

My name is Da Zheng. I am a master student in Department of Advertising at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (UIUC).

My classmate and I are now participating in UIUC Chancellor's Public Engagement Student Fellows Program, whose goal is to help an entity outside of UIUC solve a problem or provide a service while utilizing our education and learning.

We would like to explore the possibility of partnering with your organization to apply for the program mentioned above if your organization has any problems we can solve or needs any services that we can offer. Examples of such problems could be how to attract more volunteers from UIUC campus and how to promote your productions in Champaign County area.

Please let us know if we can help and feel free to contact us with questions.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Introduction of UIUC Chancellor's Public Engagement Student Fellows Program:

To foster the expansion of public engagement opportunities by Illinois students in partnership with community partners such as non-profit agencies, schools, and governments, Chancellor's Public Engagement Student Fellows Program gives students the opportunity to expand their learning environment through community-related projects, scholarly work, creative endeavors, course development and other activities within the broad framework of public engagement. Some examples include youth education, adult education, technology development, social justice, sustainability, and economic development, among many others.Grants will be provided to cover necessary expense in the project.  For more details about the program, please visit: http://engagement.illinois.edu/Page.aspx?site=Awards-and-Recognitions&page=Chancellors-Public-Engagement-Student-Fellows. or read the application guideline attached.

Da Zheng
Master of Science in Advertising Candidate
The Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising
1010 west springfield avenue
Urbana, Illinois 61801
e: dazheng2 at illinois.edu
p: 217-721-9758