[IMC] Imagine there's no countries/Greetings from Berlin

Straßen aus Zucker info.strassenauszucker at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 14 18:28:06 UTC 2013

Dear all of you beyond the ocean, with all your lovely collectives, co-ops, book stores, bike shops...

we send you greetings from Berlin. We are writing you to ask whether you would be interested in receiving our left magazine for free. We
 found your adress in Slingshot and if we don't hear back from you, we'll never contact you anymore, promise! So if you are in a hurry: We just want to send you a couple of magazines for free. If you want to know more, here it comes:

We
 wish to further an international debate on how to bring about emancipation. OK, that's a lot, but let's get started. Again and again, we are surprised at how much discussions within the
alternative/left/activist scene are confined to language. It seems that oftentimes we only have a
stencil-like image in our heads of the debates going on in other parts
of the world. And likewise, when we travel we are confronted with funny ideas about what is apparently going on in the German-speaking left. But as the world needs heaps of people everywhere in order for it to be
changed, we need to get in touch and understand each other. So: "Routes Sucrées" is an international leftist magazine that is being
 distributed for free in English-speaking countries. It focuses on providing undogmatic food for thought for a liberated society - one that is free of capitalism, sexism, homophobia, the state, racism and other forms of domination.

"Routes Sucrées" is the "little sister" of a German youth
 magazine entitled "Straßen aus Zucker", which has a circulation of 120 000 copies and has been in existence for over 3 years. The newly launched English-speaking version runs 30 000 copies and will be distributed in info and book shops, autonomous centers, at activist gatherings as well as conferences and panel discussions. And in your place?
Unlike a lot of leftists magazines we try to break down information into a form that's easy to understand yet doesn't oversimplify. We are not affiliated with any party or large organization, we are a dedicated volunteer-run collective of individuals and people from the undogmatic left-communist group "TOP - Theory, Organisation, Practice", and our project has become pretty successful in providing a platform for leftists debates in the German-speaking world. We hope to continue with our comrades, friends and allies from abroad!

If you want to take a look at our first edition, you can find it here:
 http://strassenauszucker.blogsport.de/english/

Maybe you
 like our texts and think they are worthwhile distributing as well? In that case we'd be more than happy to ship you the amount of magazines you want. Should you have any more questions please get in touch!

Thanks for your time,
all the best from Berlin,

Hannah