[IMC] Breaking My Silence About Champaign Unit 4 School District

Joe Pace jdewaynep at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 22:12:41 UTC 2013

>From the 2009/2010 school year through the 2012/2013 school year, I was
employed as a teacher aide/hall monitor by Champaign Unit 4 School District
at Central High School. Despite receiving great performance evaluations
during my tenure, my employment was terminated in April 2013. Though
official district documents cite alleged performance concerns leading to my
termination, my employment experience as well as district documentation
would suggest that an undisclosed personal conflict with an administrator
was the underlying factor to my firing.

Assistant Principal Jonathan Kosovski served as supervisor to the hall
monitors during the 2012/2013 school year (as well as during 2011/2012
school year). Kosovski capitalized on policy changes to hall monitor
directives in order to abuse his administrative powers for the sake of
terminating my employment. I have constructed a fairly lengthy document
that proves Kosovski behavior towards me in respect to my employment was
both unfair and unprofessional. In addition, my concerns when brought to
the school board on two separate occasions went unanswered; in the first
instance the board voted to uphold Kosovski's suspension recommendation and
in the second instance the board voted to uphold Kosovski's termination of
my employment.

Kosovski employed unfair tactics, conflicting directives, and dishonesty in
conducting his administrative duties. In at least one instance, the board
hearing that lead to my termination, Kosovski fabricated a response to
direct questioning by the school board. Again, I must stress that my claims
are supported by both official district documentation and personal notes
from my experience.

While losing a job may not be newsworthy, my story is important because of
its implications in respect to the school district's lack of ensuring the
fair treatment of its employees. If interested in engaging in dialogue
about this matter, I can be contacted via email at jdewaynep at gmail.com.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.