[IMC] 48 Hour Film: Filmapalooza 2014 Registration is open, Machinima Recap, Thanksgiving Wishes, and more!

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Tue Nov 26 21:18:26 UTC 2013

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
November 2013
Editor: Brian Bowers

November 48HFP Newsletter

Filmapalooza 2014 Registration is open!

Gobble! Gobble! Thanksgiving greetings from the 48HFP

More Fall City Winners

Behind the Scenes of the Film Challenge

48HFP Video Gallery

48HFP 2013 Final Four Cities

Machinima Recap

Filmapalooza 2014 Registration is open!

[1]

Let the good times roll! Registration for one of the  most exciting
international filmmaking events of the year, Filmapalooza 2014 in New Orleans,
is open! Join filmmakers from all around the world for a crazy weekend of
screenings, parties, networking and fun!

Join us March 6th-10th to enjoy all that "The Big Easy" has to offer!!
Filmapalooza will feature screenings of all the Best Films from our 2013 tour,
shown at the newly renovated [2]Joy Theatre. We have a special group rate of
$119/night at the [3]New Orleans Holiday Inn Superdome located just minutes
outside the French Quarter. And by the end of the week we'll feature an Awards
Ceremony and crown one film the "Best 48 Hour Film of 2013." It's an event you
don't want to miss!

Here's what filmmakers have had to say about previous Filmapaloozas:

"An awesome event with awe-inspiring films that will invigorate any independent
filmmaker!"

"An essential film festival for any budding filmmaker"

"Filmapalooza was easily one of the best weekends I've had in my life. The
quality of films mixed with the delightful and open personalities of filmmakers
from around the world made for a perfect mix."

"Filmapalooza is a conference of champions to start and a group of friends to
end."

​Filmapalooza 2014 is open to all 48 hour filmmakers around the world. You're
welcome to attend whether your film is screening or not.

Check out all of the rates and info on the [4]Filmapalooza page. Join filmmakers
from around the world and [5]REGISTER NOW!

Gobble! Gobble! Thanksgiving greetings from the 48HFP

[6][jpeg]
Joyeux Thanksgiving. Herzliche Danksagung. Kansha-sai Omedetō. Happy
Thanksgiving. In a couple of days we celebrate Thanksgiving in the U.S. Even
though it's not celebrated in every country we still want to send our well
wishes to all of our filmmakers around the world this fall season. As a reminder
of just how fun the holidays can be, watch the video above, the 2012 Minneapolis
Best Film "Coming Out" by Above-the-Line Entertainment--which has already become
a holiday favorite at the 48HFP. Happy Thanksgiving!
More Fall City Winners
Our 2013 tour begins to draw to a close and we're happy to announce our most
recent batch of winners from this season's 48HFP. Congratulations to the teams
below!  Their films will join us at Filmapaloozaa 2014 in New Orleans. Best of
luck to all the winners as they vie for a shot at Cannes and the coveted "Best
48 Hour Film of 2013" award!

"Marcel"                         by Wild Goats Media, Barcelona
"ESC"                            by Sjoerd de Bont, Breda
"Five Minutes Till Noon"         by Epilogue Pictures / TH Films, Cape Town
"Tongue Twister"                 by Dot Mov Talkies, Chennai
"Pump it"                        by Playback Films, Dubai
"Level 4"                        by black rabbit, Dundee
"Mustang Sally"                  by Le HAPPY COLLECTIF, Geneva
"Un buen comienzo para mi"       by 35 milímetros, Granada
"W oparach Nikisza"              by Panato, Katowice
"Le Grand Ecart"                 by Bikiny Brodas, Lausanne
"Fred's Last Minute"             by de FilmMakerij, Leeuwarden
"RSVPain"                        by When In..., London
"La pièce"                       by Les Parasites, Lyon
"A Dicey Deal"                   by Ideajuice Studios, Machinima
"Broca"                          by Contrapicado, Malaga
"FLASH"                          by LateNite Films, Melbourne
"Хориглоно"                      by Хэнгэрэг энтертаймент, Mongolia
"slight"                         by Capturing Moments Productions, Mumbai
"Caroline Kills Almost Everyone" by Wax Idiotical Films, New Hampshire
"Le Métronome"                   by Ça va le faire, Paris
"La bouillabase"                 by Anian Film, Rome
"98.5"                           by Llajwa Films, Santa Cruz de la Sierra
"Hoy no me puedo decantar"       by DS media, Seville
"express girl"                   by whoa, Taipei
"The Hat"                        by Helix Reel Entertainment, Toronto
"Blokje Om"                      by Pollos, Utrecht

Behind the Scenes of the Film Challenge
[7]

Earlier this month we kicked off an incredibly successful Natational Film
Challenge, with almost 150 teams participating from all around the world! A
sister competition to the 48HFP, filmmakers in the Film Challenge have just
three days to produce their short films with a line of dialogue, prop, and
character. Online audience voting for the films will begin in December, while
the official judges make their decisions about the juried awards.

So what does it take to create something for the Film Challenge? Go behind
the scenes with SnipPITTS Productions (Florida) as they share [8]the making of
their film "Al Niente."

48HFP Video Gallery
Check out some of our featured Best Films by clicking the video clips below. If
you are a city winning team and would like your video featured, send us the link
to [9]newsletter at 48hourfilm.com. Make sure you review [10]the guidelines for
putting your film online first.

[11]
"Halfway House" by Trifecta+Entertainment
Albuquerque Horror Project

[12]
"A Dicey Deal" by Ideajuice
Machinima

48HFP 2013 Final Four Cities

The end of the year draws near but we still have just a few more cities left on
our 2013 tour. Congratulations to our filmmakers from all around the world who
joined us in making a film on this year's tour, and best of luck to the
filmmakers in the remaining cities!

November 29th-December 1st

[13]Nairobi

[14]Seoul

[15]Shanghai

[16]Singapore

Machinima Recap
Dozens of filmmakers went virtual earlier this month with the kickoff of the
annual 48HFP Machinima competition. This follows the traditional 48HFP rules,
except that films are created within the online landscapes of Second Life, World
of Warcraft, and other virtual worlds. Filmmakers use their avatars as actors
and crew, often switching between different online personalities and filming
from the different perspectives of each character. All of the films recieve
their own premier screenings in a virtual theatre, and of course an online
awards ceremony. This year's panel of judges again included SFX genius Tony
Dyson, who has been at the creative helm of many science fiction films including
Superman 2, Moon Raker, and of course The Empire Strikes Back (Dyson was the
creator of R2D2)! Congratulations to the winning Machinima film "A Dicey Deal"
by Ideajuice Studios!

Get Social!
[17] [png]          [18] [png]           [19] [png]