[IMC] AVID Signing Day/Open House - Saturday, September 21st at 6 p.m.

Stephanie Stuart stuartst at champaignschools.org
Mon Sep 16 14:26:08 UTC 2013

Central High School's AVID Program will hold its first annual AVID Signing Day/Open House, Saturday, September 21 at 6 p.m. at Central High School.  The event will be held in Seeley Hall and will include a dinner and celebration of our students as they formally commit to the AVID program.

AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society. We now have AVID students in all grades at Champaign Unit 4 secondary schools. AVID students take rigorous, college preparatory courses and are given support through their AVID tutors and teachers. Students are exposed to college culture through field trips, guest speakers, and college tours. Activities for AVID Step-Up juniors include ACT Preparation, informational college presentations from University of Illinois guest speakers, and campus tours.

For more information about this event, please contact Christopher Schultz at Central High School who is copied on this message.

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Stephanie Stuart
Community Relations Coordinator