[IMC] Press Release | Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant Grand Re-Opening

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:32:17 UTC 2013

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant Grand Re-Opening

Wednesday, Oct. 2nd, 2013 | 5pm-8pm

1209 W. Oregon St, Urbana, IL 61801

URBANA, IL --

The Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant will open for lunch on Monday, Sept.
30th (10am-3pm) with a brand all-vegan menu, educational workshops and a
new, sustainable model of operations. The Red Herring and Channing Murray
Foundation staff invite the community to our Grand Re-Opening of the Red
Herring on Wednesday, October 2nd from 5pm-8pm, during the launch of our
first Vegan Cultural Dinner: Mexico, part of our weekly cultural dinner
series featuring vegan interpretations of traditional cultural food from
all over the world.

Join us for a grand re-opening featuring musical and theatrical
performances and a savory menu of vegan tempeh tacos, vegan cashew nachos,
Mexican rice, beans, and a mixed green leaf salad. The cost per person is
$7 dollars and includes a plate of food. Our Red Herring staff will get to
know patrons, answer questions about the new vegan menu, and  share
information about our new enviro-educational workshops offered through The
Red Herring and designed to foster knowledge to empower the community to
grow and consume healthy, local food! Vegan Cultural Dinners hosted each
Wednesday this semester will also feature vegan-fusion food from Kenya,
Malaysia, Germany, Ecuador, Korea, Poland, Palestine, India, and Puerto
Rico.

For more information and updates, follow The Red Herring Vegetarian
Restaurant on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/RedHerringVegetarianRestaurant, via web at
www.redherring.org or call us at 217-344-1176 to speak with the Channing
Murray Foundation Office Administrator, Ricardo Diaz or Head Chef, Adrienne
Webber.

The Red Herring Vegetarian Restaurant is located in the basement of the
Channing Murray Foundation, a campus-community center rooted in
Unitarian-Universalist values providing educational, artistic, and cultural
programs designed to be radically inclusive, social justice-centered, and
spiritually alive. Channing Murray Foundation is located at the corner of
Matthews and Oregon Sts. in the heart of campus. Metered parking is
available on both Matthews, Oregon, and Gregory Sts.