[IMC] WICD ABC 15- INDEPENDENT MEDIA CENTER as The Place to Have Fun in C-U

Jordan A. McMahon jamcmahon at sbgtv.com
Wed Sep 25 21:42:42 UTC 2013

Good afternoon,

We're going to be featuring Champaign-Urbana in our Road Trippin' stories on Both WICS and WICD on November 1st. Road Trippin' is a great opportunity for you to promote the Independent Media Center as the place to have fun in Champaign-Urbana.

Each week we feature a different community in Central Illinois and send a reporter there to do a story on an event coming up in that town. On November 1st we will air a story on Sunrise this Morning about the Folk and Roots Festival in Champaign-Urbana that will air on both WICS-TV Springfield and WICD-TV Champaign. Sponsoring businesses that contribute to a Champaign-Urbana giveaway package will also be mentioned in that story and in crawls on the bottom of the screen.

In addition to the News story on the Folk and Roots Festival, the reporter will do individual stories, a minute to 2 minutes long, on each of our sponsoring businesses. These will be available for viewing on the Road Trippin' web pages on WICS.com and WICD15.com for an entire year. There will also be a description of the businesses, map and directions and link to their web site.

Every week we run promos on both TV stations directing people to Road Trippin on our websites to find out what there is to do in Central Illinois. When they go to Champaign-Urbana November 1st, they will have their trip itinerary all ready as our sponsorship categories include:

1. Place to Stay
2. Place to Have Fun
3. Place to Eat Lunch/Dinner
4. Best Kept Secret or Event
5. Spotlight
6. Place to Shop
7. Banner Link

Here is a link you can follow to get an idea of what the Urbana page will look like on both WICS.com and WICD15.com http://www.wics.com/shared/news/features/trippin/galesburg_il/

There is a one-time $495 investment to participate (averages out to $41.25 a month) and I have attached an outline with all the information on the program. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If you want to participate, please write Independent Media Center on the agreement page, sign it and scan and e-mail back or fax to 217-351-6056. If you have any suggestions of businesses or organizations that we should contact about Road Trippin', please let us know.

Thanks for your consideration. I hope we can help you promote C-U Independent Media Center.

Jordan McMahon
Account Executive
WICD ABC 15
(217) 377-0548