[IMC] For Immediate Release: Jodi Adams: Art of Intention

Caroline Baljon indigo.coop at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:09:33 EDT 2014

Title: Jodi Adams: Art of Intention
Dates: April 25th- May 4th
Location: indi go
Opening Reception: April 26th, 6pm-8pm

Gallery Hours: M-F 6pm-8pm, Sat-Sun 9am-7pm

Saturday, April 26 marks the debut of the most recent work by photographer
Jodi Adams.  *Art of Intention *combines word with image, offering an
introspective glimpse of our own inner landscape in the sublime context of
nature.

The exhibit includes photographs of yoga practitioners in natural settings
such as the salt lake of Utah, Twin Falls, Idaho, and right here in
Champaign/Urbana.  Although the images could stand alone, they are further
informed by the intentions shared by Adams' yoga students.  Called forth
from our shared human experience, the intentions affirm our oneness, our
desire for peace, joy, deeper knowing of self, health and freedom.

Over time, our deepest desires become hidden from view.  The practice of
yoga provides the tools to begin the journey into the very core of the Self
allowing for the (re)discovery of our true nature. As a yoga instructor and
practitioner, Adams continues to explore her own dharma, or personal
calling, inviting her students to do the same.  As a photographer, Adams
uses art as a vehicle to showcase the deeper dimensions of the human
experience within a visual context.

All artwork will be for sale.  All proceeds will go towards supporting
future photographic expeditions across the country as Adams continues to
pursue this project, potentially worldwide.

http://jodiadams.net/home.html

--
Caroline Baljon
Gallery Director