[IMC] please publish on your web site: equal time/space

David Thomas davethomas2010 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 23:17:14 EDT 2014

Hearst should be spelled "Hearst" in last paragraph. Thanks.
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 5:15 PM, David Thomas <davethomas2010 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Citizen says James Kilgore unfit, unqualified to teach

David Thomas, a past Urbana resident and activist states:

Today, I again file a Freedom of Information Act request with the University of Illinois seeking details on the hiring of James Kilgore a.k.a. Charles Pape.

The presence of James Kilgore on the University of Illinois faculty and campus is an intolerable assault on my fundamental values, instilled in part by the many years l chose to live in Champaign and Urbana over the course of three decades.

I seek information on why the state's flagship university would hire a person who prosecuted a violent war on the United States government and its people, and then robbed banks, forged passport applications, and was involved in the murder of a California housewife of four children.

Press reports and academic articles indicate James Kilgore attempted to murder police officers by use of pipe bombs, engaged in the kidnapping and torture of Patty Hearst, and conducted gun battles in the streets of the United States in the 1970s.

The 1974 book "Symbionese Liberation Army: Documents and Communications (Melville studies in American culture, v. 4)" edited by Robert Brainard Pearsall and the 1976 book "Terrorism: From Robespierre to Arafat" by Dr. Albert Parry, Ph.D., University of Chicago, provide a clear representation of this faculty member's stated values and goals.

A simple web search of contemporary press interviews given by James Kilgore to media outlets supplements and reinforces James Kilgore's long-standing stated goal to destroy the United States and its people and democratic institutions. One of the SLA's main objectives was to outlaw and forbid dissention and
"individualism."

While it is the university's legal right to hire any person authorized to work in the United States, I will not sit by and tolerate the university's irresponsible hiring Although I would never prevent James Kilgore from peacefully exercising his First Amendment rights, I object to paying state and federal taxes to support his demented rhetoric.

To this taxpayer, the solution to James Kilgore's mass incarceration problem is clear: don't rob a bank with a shotgun while declaring war on the U.S. government and civilian police officers and then obtain a phony passport and hide for 25 years.

Perhaps he has just been too good a customer to prisons and a contributing reason why the United States' civilian police forces have become more armed through the years

I do not think Mr. Kilgore has given a through accounting, honest or otherwise, of his experiences in the domestic terrorism and financial extortion group known as the SLA or his other years in foreign lands to any serious scholar who could document and capture Mr. Kilgore's assuredly vivid and first-hand accounts of lived American history and politics. Perhaps, now as a paid research scholar, Mr. Kilgore will find it within himself to truthfully address what others were forced to endure.

On his own personal web site Mr. Kilgore now says he was imprisoned in the United States for "political offenses." Strange, incorrect wording, as participation in a bank robbery to fund a lavish lifestyle is among the basest of criminal motives, and hardly a political offense.

This is not about the university hiring a felon. I have no objection to that. In fact, I support "ban the box legislation," and highlight Hawaii's state law concerning background checks as a progressive model for the nation.

This is about bombs. Bomb makers and bomb owners do not belong on a university campus.

And this is also about Patty Heart. She alleges that she was sexually assaulted while kidnapped and held hostage. Hearst was 19-years-old when she was violently abducted from her college apartment by the Kilgore-affiliated S. Liberation Army, a domestic terrorism organization.
###
David Thomas can be contacted at davethomas2010 at yahoo.com