[IMC] Filmapalooza Early Bird deadline, Happy Holidays from 48HFP, Clean Shorts, and New Cities for 2015

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Wed Dec 17 14:55:39 EST 2014

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
December 2014
Editor: Brian Bowers

December 48HFP Newsletter

Filmapalooza Early Bird deadline coming soon

Happy Holidays from the 48HFP

Four Points Film Project winners announced

48HFP Video Gallery

48HFP Producer wants your clean shorts

Recent 2014 Best Film Winners

New cities for 2015

Filmapalooza Early Bird Deadline Coming Soon!

February 26 – March 2, 2015

The Early Bird deadline for [1]Filmapalooza registration is coming soon!
All 48HFP film teams are inviRegister before January 9th to get a special
discounted rate. Don't miss out on one of the most exciting film events of
the year--screenings, parties, workshops, and meeting other filmmakers from
all around the world. Filmapalooza is open to ALL filmmakers, and we hope
you'll join us!

One of the highlights of Filmapalooza are the screenings of all the top
films from around the world. We're lucky enough to show our Best Films up
on the silver screen at the famous Chinese Theatres, right in Hollywood.
This is your ONLY chance to see all of the top 48HFP films from around the
world and meet the filmmakers who made them.

Filmapalooza 2015

Who: 48HFP Filmmakers from around the world.

What: The best 48 hour films from the [2]2014 tour

Where: Hollywood, CA

When: February 26 – March 2, 2015

Why: Great networking, fun with filmmakers, and lots of great films!

Hotel Discount:

Our official Filmapalooza Hotel is the Hollywood Roosevelt, right down the
street from our screening venue the Chinese Theatres. The Roosevelt is
conveniently located, and features beautiful rooms, a pool, bars and
restaurants, and even a bowling alley! Plus staying there will give you
even more chances to meet up with other filmmakers. We have a special room
rate of $219/night, which includes wi-fi (regularly $350/night). To reserve
your room at this special rate please call the Roosevelt Hotel Reservation
Desk at (323) 466-7000 or (800) 950-7667 and tell them you are with
"Filmapalooza 2015."

Rooms will go quickly, so get register for Filmapalooza and reserve your
room at the Roosevelt as soon as possible.

Remember-the Early Bird deadline is coming up on January 9th, so reserve
your space to come to Filmapalooza now! Get all the details at
[3]http://filmapalooza.org. Want to meet some of the Filmapalooza attendees
before the trip? Join our official [4]Filmapalooza 2015 Facebook group.

Happy Holidays from the 48HFP!

Hello 48ers--

As we wrap up 2014 we want to take a moment to thank all of our filmmakers,
producers, and film fans from around the world for making this yet another
landmark year. In 2014 we've seen more 48HFP cities and films than ever
before, and we're hoping to meet all of you in person at our biggest
Filmapalooza yet. We hope this holiday season finds all of you in good
health and good spirits--Happy Holidays and Happy New year!

Mark, Liz, Christina, Laura, Brian, and Charneice

[5]
Enjoy this funny video from 48HFP HQ

Four Points Film Project Winners Announced

After a very tough voting period, the Four Points Film Project (4PFP) has
declared not one, but TWO Audience Choice winners this year.
Congratulations to Beached Whales for their film "B&B" and to Grudio
Studios for their film "Car Service." There was a great number of views and
votes for this year's films, but these were the two that came out on top in
the public voting. These films will screen alongside the 4PFP winning film
"Fine Artists" by JoJo the Dog Films at this year's Filmapalooza.
Congratulations to the filmmakers! [6]

Four Points Film Project Best Film
"Fine Artists" by JoJo the Dog Films

48HFP Video Gallery
In each newsletter we feature some of our top 48HFP films from all over the
world.  Enjoy these films from Edinburgh, London, and New Orleans and
remember you can watch all of these films up on the big screen at the
historic Chinese Theatres in Hollywood. Consider these just a preview of
the great films you'll see at Filmapalooza!

[7]
"And Not a Word Was Spoken" by Napalm in the Morning
Edinburgh 48HFP, 2014

[8]
"JC's Honey Trap" by Breaking Point Flix
London 48HFP, 2014

[9]

"RTTS" by Backyard Shed Films
New Orleans 48HFP, 2014

48HFP Producer Wants Your Clean Shorts!

[10][10603301_357120554461843_5493974029776762905_n.jpg?oh=f300a301084ce5f7
4dab50fa5c23f1b4&oe=553F281B] Oklahoma City 48HFP producer Ben Hlavaty
wants your clean shorts! Hlavaty teaches Digital Media at EOC Technology
Center in Choctaw, OK. He and the rest of the staff of the Department of
Film & Photography there have created the [11]Clean Shorts Film
Festival (CSFF). The festival will feature films of a PG-13 equivalent
rating or less, and will serve as the primary fundraiser for their
department.

CSFF is now seeking family-friendly film submissions for the festival, and
they've extended a special discount to our 48HFP film community. Use the
discount code 48HourFilm for an extra 25% off the submission fee. Deadline
for submissions is December 31st.

The Clean Shorts Film Festival will run April 3-4, 2015. For more
information including submission instructions,
visit [12]http://cleanshorts.org.

Recent 2014 Best Film Winners

Congratulations once again to the most recent group of Best Film winners
listed below. The films will be shown on the silver screen at the famous
Chinese Theatres in Hollywood at Filmapalooza. You can join us at
Filmapalooza to watch these films along with other city winning films from
around the world this February 26th - March 1st.
Winning filmmakers pose at the Singapore 48HFP Awards
Córdoba
Dublin
Durban
Edinburgh
Istanbul
Jacksonville
London
Melbourne
Mexico
Nairobi
New Orleans
Orlando
Osaka
Prague
Rome
Santa Cruz de la Sierra
Seoul
Shanghai
Singapore
Taipei
Warsaw
"La última entrega" by Gato Muerto
"Mother Met Someone Who Saw the Ocean" by The Sessioneers
"Words" by BMH-2
"And Not A Word Was Spoken" by Napalm In The Morning
"Destek Hatti" by Ucan Pizza Canavari
"No Laughing Matter" by Argyle Forest Films
"JC's Honey Trap" by Breaking Point Flix
"Wrong Way Right" by LateNite Films
"KISMET" producido por La manufacturera
"Now That You're Here" By Look & Feel Media
"RTTS" by Backyard Shed Films
"Dirty Justice" by Creative Inlet
“そんな愛の話” by Ten-Qu
"GORILY” by team ART A KUNST JEDOU DO LA
"Invisibile" by Blue&Berry
“Nina” by Indecentes
"Retirement" by Rokfect
"Unleash the Power" by LR Collective
"Poison" by The Paper Bag Boys
"大演奏家The Cello Player" by Now And Then Production
"Nowa" by Grupa Hermetycznie Otwarta

New cities for 2015

2015 is just around the corner, and we're in the process of adding new
cities for our upcoming tour. Below is our 48HFP "hit list" of cities that
we'd like to add in the next year. Do you know an individual or group that
may be interested in running a 48HFP is one of these cities? Do you live in
a different city not listed that you think would be great to add to our
tour? Email [13]newcities at 48hourfilm.com for more information. We look
forward to growing the 48HFP all around the world for 2015!
New cities we'd like to add for 2015:

* Albany
* Tucson
* Santiago
* Perth
* Vienna
* Rio de Janeiro
* Munich
* Frankfurt

* Reno
* Wichita
* Bangkok
* Windhoek
* Riviera Maya
* Montevideo
* Salvador

* Shreveport
* Birmingham, U.K.
* Belfast
* Asunción
* Cali
* Hamburg
* Tangier

Get Social!
[14] [png]          [15] [png]           [16] [png]

View web version