[IMC] Potential UCIMC partners for dance theater

Katherine Dreher katherine at ericamott.com
Mon Jan 13 20:10:55 UTC 2014

Hi Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center,

My name is Katherine Dreher, and I present with Erica Mott
Productions<http://www.ericamott.com/>,
a multidisciplinary dance theater group based in Chicago.

We’re seeking downstate partners to help us connect with local groups,
businesses and sites of historic significance (such as drive-ins, round
barns and fairgrounds), for further filming and live performance of our Cowboys
and Vikings Projec <http://www.ericamott.com/cowboys-and-vikings/>t. We
have presented the Cowboys and Vikings Project in Chicago at the Dance
Center of Columbia College and Links Hall.  Encarnacion of the Illinois
Arts Council spoke highly of your organization and suggested you may be
interested in supporting this project!

The Cowboys & Vikings Project employs humor, tenderness and arresting
visuals to play between and with the impact of these outlaw heroes on
contemporary environment, psychology and economy. Flexible in their
presentation and ability to be site-specific, the Cowboys and Vikings
Project casts audience members as active participants and witnesses in
environments of the performance. I have attached several photos of the
performance for you.

We would love to speak more with you about partnering with us on this
exciting project!  You can reach me via email katherine at ericamott.com or by
phone at 303-842-6584. I look forward to speaking with you!

Warmly,

Katherine Dreher