[IMC] Filmapalooza NOLA, Film Challenge Winners, and Team FUGO Crashes the Superbowl

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Mon Jan 27 15:12:55 UTC 2014

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
January 2014
Editor: Brian Bowers

January 48HFP Newsletter

Filmapalooza NOLA-Join the Party!

Film Challenge Winners

Around the World with 48HFP-New Cities for 2014

48HFP Video Gallery

Take the Doc Challenge!

Team FUGO Crashes the Superbowl

Filmapalooza NOLA-Join the Party!

We are now less than six weeks away from one of the wildest gatherings of
independent filmmakers from all around the world--Filmapalooza 2014! The party
begins on March 6th--have you [1]registered yet?

Filmmakers from all over the U.S., Spain, France, South Africa, Japan, Taiwan,
and Australia are coming to New Orleans for this year's Filmapalooza. We'll be
screening all of the Best Films from our 2013 Tour and honoring those filmmakers
in a special Awards Ceremony. All of the films will go head to head to compete
for the title of Best 48 Hour Film in the World! Details on screenings, hotels,
and registration can be found at [2]http://www.48hourfilm.com/filmapalooza

And that's not all--there will be tons of opportunities to network and
party with your fellow filmmakers throughout the weekend, including our annual
Karaoke party and Closing Night Wrap Party. There will be several different
filmmaking workshops available including a special panel discussion on film
financing. New Orleans is home to many different movies, including The Pelican
Brief, Monster's Ball, 12 Years a Slave, and Dallas Buyer's Club to name a few.
Visit the actual filming locations on a special [3]movie tour. The area is a
cultural mecca of great food, music, and sights. Learn all about what New
Orleans has to offer by visiting the special web page
at [4]http://www.neworleanscvb.com/48hfp/, sponsored by the New Orleans
Convention and Visitor's Bureau.

In short, this weekend is not to be missed. But don't take our word for
it--watch the video below to catch highlights of last year's Filmapalooza in
Hollywood.

[5][jpeg]

Registration for Filmapalooza is still open, but act fast--there are a limited
number of spaces available. Learn more and register now
at [6]http://www.48hourfilm.com/filmapalooza/.

Film Challenge Winners

[7]

"Joint Effort" by Gorilla With a Mustache Films
Best Film, National Film Challenge

On a single weekend in early November hundreds of filmmakers from around the
world took part in the [8]Film Challenge, a sister competition to the 48HFP
where filmmakers have just 72 hours to create their short films. After much
deliberation the judges have made their decisions! Congratulations to Gorilla
With A Mustache Films for their winning film [9]"Joint Effort"! It will receive
a special screening at the [10]Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner. In
addition, it will screen at [11]Filmapalooza 2014 in New Orleans, LA - alongside
our Audience Award winner, "Villian" by Shooter Productions.

For the full list of award-winning films visit  the Film Challenge website at
[12]http://nationalfilmchallenge.org. Congratulations to the teams that made
these award-winning films and to all the filmmakers who made an NFC film!
Around the World with 48HFP-New Cities for 2014
As we move into 2014, the 48HFP continues its growth as the largest independent
film network in the world! We just added new 48HFP competitions in Tunis,
Ottawa, and Lynchburg, with plans to include U.S. cities such as Santa Barbara
and Spokane as well as cities as far away as Lima, Jaffna, and Dhaka. Do you
live in a city that you think should be added to our 48HFP tour? Email
[13]newcities at 48hourfilm.com to see if we can add it. Each new city not only
becomes a part of the largest timed film competition, but is welcomed into a
community of filmmakers that spans all ages, races, and cultures across the
globe.

48HFP Video Gallery

Check out some of our featured Best Films by clicking the video clips below. If
you are a city winning team and would like your video featured, send us the link
to [14]newsletter at 48hourfilm.com. Make sure you review [15]the guidelines for
putting your film online first.

[16][jpeg]
"W oparach Nikisza" by Panato za film
Katowice 48HFP

[17][jpeg]
"Wishful Thinking" by The Big Honkin'
Washington D.C. 48HFP

[18][jpeg]
"A Man Called McClane" by Bad and Classic Productions
San Diego 48HFP

Take the Doc Challenge!
[19]Real Life. Filmed Real Fast. The tagline pretty much sums up the concept of
the [20]International Documentary Challenge, which returns February 26th - March
2nd this year. Filmmakers from all around the world have 5 days to make a short
4-7 minute non-fiction film. The top 12 films are determined by a panel of
judges and premier at the largest doc film festival in North America, [21]Hot
Docs in Toronto. Prizes include cash, film services, and digital distribution at
[22]http://TheAudienceAwards.com.
Regular registration ends on January 31st--to learn more and register now visit
[23]http://docchallenge.org.

Team FUGO Crashes the Superbowl
[24]48HFP filmmakers have a chance to crash the Superbowl this year as part of
the Doritos "Crash the Superbowl" Challenge. Two-time winner of "Best Film" in
the Atlanta 48HFP, FUGO Studios created a short commercial as a part of the
contest and have been selected as one of the top five finalists, giving them a
shot at the million dollar cash prize, a chance to work on the set of Marvel's
The Avengers 2, and of course, have their commercial aired during this year's
Superbowl. Winners are determined by online audience voting. View their entry
and vote for the FUGO commercial [25]here. Voting ends on January 29th, and you
can vote once per day, per device. Take a moment to cast your vote and send Team
FUGO to the Superbowl!

Get Social!
[26] [png]          [27] [png]           [28] [png]