[IMC] Grassroots Radio Conference August 14-17 in Ames, Iowa

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Wed Jun 25 13:57:54 EDT 2014

Invite to this year's Grassroots Radio Conference. Let me know if you are
interested in attending. - Danielle

GRC 2014
http://www.grc2014.net/

KHOI COmmunity Radio and Pacifica Network invite you to the 2014 Grassroots
Radio Conference in Ames, Iowa August 14 - 17.

*The Grassroots Radio Conference (GRC)* is an annual gathering of people
who work in community radio, as administrators and as radio producers, or
as volunteers to connect with each other, learn new skills, discuss issues,
and have a lot of fun. Lifelong personal and professional friendships
result from these conferences.

Since 1996, GRC has stood for the  preservation of the grassroots nature of
community radio. Our goal this year, as your conference hosts is to offer
an affordable three-day experience with easy logistics and warm
hospitality, so you can relax and really enjoy inspiring and being inspired
by your peers.  The conference  is organized in a campus of three buildings
that essentially face each other (including KHOI radio). All of them are
fully accessible and air-conditioned. In the spirit of our work, the
conference is in the middle of the old downtown Main Street area of town.
Local church's are supporting the conference by providing food and shelter
to you during your stay, and the downtown business association will hold a
street party / micro-brewery beer tasting party.

Ames is a small town, and while there are some wonderful things to check
out, we believe that the logistical ease and relative lack of distractions
will help you get the most of these precious three days with some of the
most accomplished, fun, and inspiring people in the field of radio.

The 2014 Conference activities begin in Ames, Iowa with Registration and
home cooking on Thursday, August 14. The conference ends on Sunday at 2 pm.
The conference will be held in three buildings that face each other in old
Downtown Ames: The Octagon Community Arts Center
<http://www.grc2014.net/the-octagon-our-conference-space/>, KHOI
<http://khoifm.org/> Community Radio, and the First Methodist Church, our
dining hall where community volunteers will be offering us farm-to-table
food.

With great pleasure, KHOI <http://khoifm.org/> and Pacifica Network
<http://pacificanetwork.org/> invite you to GRC 2014. See you in "The Heart
of Iowa!" http://www.grc2014.net/

We would like to extend a special invitation to you, our friends in Urbana
and ask you to consider presenting about the community partnership model
you are pioneering in Urbana. We see your input as a valuable addition to
discussion we would like for the entire conference in looking ahead for
community radio. Your input would be most valuable, either in a workshop or
possibly a planary round table discussion.

Warm regards,

Ursula Ruedenberg

Pacifica Affiliate Network Manager

KHOI volunteer station manager