[IMC] Announcement | PechaKucha Night C-U Vol. 15 This Saturday, May 31

Joy Rust joymrust at gmail.com
Mon May 26 22:15:56 EDT 2014

SATURDAY MAY 31st AT KRANNERT ART MUSEUM

PechaKucha Night C-U is are excited to partner with Krannert Art Museum to
present PechaKucha Night C-U Vol. 15!<https://www.facebook.com/pechakuchaCU>

In addition to nine unique speakers, PKN C-U Vol. 15 will include free
admission, music by DJ Wisconsin beginning at 7:45 pm and continuing
throughout the night, and a cash-only beer and wine bar. Prom attire is
encouraged!

Topics and perspectives vary widely, but the high energy and diverse
creativity have undeniable appeal to all.

THE NITTY GRITTY

Saturday May 31, 2014

Krannert Art Museum

500 E. Peabody Drive, Champaign

Doors open 7:45pm with music by DJ Wisconsin

Show starts at 8:20pm.

Possible mature content; must be 18+ to enter

FREE ADMISSION

Lindsey Gates-Markel and Andrew Schiver will host as emcees for the night.
This dynamic duo hosts a podcast called You Big Dumb Idiot
http://youbigdumbidiot.com/.

Attendees are encouraged to RSVPing on
Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/events/1469775019924131/>

THE EVENING'S LINEUP

Champaign-Urbana’s Fifteenth PechaKucha Night will feature nine
presentations:

Jodi Adams: Art of Intention

Eliana Brown: Art and the Zen of Stormwater Management

Michelle Hyde: I Wanna Dance with Somebody: My Life Through Whitney Houston
Songs

Judy Lee: The Secret to Creativity

Jim McFarlin: Share Your Body, Save a Life

Samantha Persons: A Queery Into the Future

Katie Prosise: Comedy and Coping

Tony Taylor: Cigar Box Guitars

Michael Thomas: Words 2 Inspire

Tweet to #pkncu during the night. Hope to see you there!

First devised by a pair of Tokyo architects in 2003, PechaKucha Nights have
become international phenomena that use a simple concept to create big
community exchanges. Presenters have 20 images and 20 seconds per image to
share their ideas, works, and passions for a total of 6 minutes and 40
seconds flat.

DON’T FRET! THERE’S MORE WHERE THIS COMES FROM.

For additional information or if interested in presenting at a future
PechaKucha Night Champaign-Urbana, please contact us at
pechakuchaCU at thecudo.org. Check out the www.pechakucha.org global website
to get a sense of the magnitude of the event as well as our city page,
www.pechakucha.org/night/champaign-urbana.

Follow on Twitter: @pechakuchaCU

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pechakuchaCU

Get the PKN C-U Newsletter after signing up at
http://www.pechakucha.org/cities/champaign-urbana
For more information about CUDO visit thecudo.org