[IMC] Four Points Film Project Early Bird Deadline, make money selling content to Pond5, 48HFP ITVFest winners, and more

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Wed Oct 1 17:32:09 EDT 2014

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
September 2014
Editor: Brian Bowers

September 48HFP Newsletter

Four Points Film Project Oct. 6th Early Bird Deadline

A Letter from the founders

Upcoming International 2014 Tour Dates

ITVFest Best 48HFP Film

Recent 2014 Best Films

48HFP Video Gallery

Great opportunity for filmmakers-make money selling content to Pond5!

Four Points Film Project Oct. 6th Early Bird Deadline

Your chance to compete in the 48HFP's online short competition is here, through
the [1]Four Points Film Project! Formerly called the National Film Challenge,
filmmaking teams have 72 hours to write their short films using their choice of
one of the two genres assigned to them.

The Four Points Film Project is open to filmmakers from any part of the world,
even if it's not one of our regular 48HFP cities. This year's competition runs
from October 24th - 27th. Similar to the 48HFP, teams are required to include a
character, line of dialogue, and prop - different for each time zone - and
assigned at 7pm local time on Oct. 24.

Early Bird Registration Ends Monday, October 6th!

Early Bird Registration is now open at a cost of $115 USD per team.  Sign your
team up before October 6th to take advantage of this discounted rate!  To
register please visit our website at: [2]http://www.fourpointsfilmproject.com

This is your great chance to join the 48HFP family of filmmakers from around the
world and join in a truly global film community. The Best Film will be awarded
$3000 USD and the Audience Choice Award winner will receive $1000 USD plus the
Best Film and the Audience Choice Award film will both screen at Filmapalooza in
Hollywood next March. The Best Film will also receive a dedicated spot in the
special 48HFP screening at the Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner.

Get all of the info and register now at [3]http://www.fourpointsfilmproject.com

A Letter from the Founders

Liz Langston Mark Ruppert

We’re starting a new thing – a letter from the 48HFP founders, Mark Ruppert
and myself. We can give you a bit of insight into what happens behind the
scenes, here at the exciting 48HFP HQ.

At this time of year our US tour is completed and our International Tour is in
full swing. This was a BIG weekend for us – we had contests in six cities – and
truly around the world – Scotland, Dublin, Ho Chi Minh City, Warsaw, Mongolia
and Paris. Paris set a world record of 173 teams! Just think about that. That’s
15 screenings! Imagine trying to rent a light kit when everyone in all of Paris
is making a movie.

Of course Mark and I would have loved to have been flying around the world to
visit the cities but this was also a special weekend here in the U.S. We were in
Dover, VT with most of our HQ crew, doing strategic planning for the new year
AND attending the ITVFest. We partnered with ITVFest to show six of our
Northeastern U.S. winning films which competed for $2000 in prizes from ITVFest.
You’ll see more about that in this newsletter.

The next BIG THING for us is our Four Points Film Project – formerly the
National Film Challenge, coming up Oct 24-27. We changed the name because we are
no longer “national”- we’re worldwide! Some day we’ll be intergalactic. Jump on
board now, while you still can! Here’s hoping you have a great and creative
October.
Upcoming International 2014 Tour Dates

Ho Chi Minh City film dropoff

Our U.S. tour is officially wrapped up but we have plenty of cities remaining in
our international tour. We're in the final stretch, including many new cities
kicking off their first 48HFP ever in 2014-upcoming new cities include
Bratislava, Curacao, Castelo Branco, Budapest, Zurich, and Montpellier. Check
out the rest of our remaining tour schedule and keep up with newly announced
dates at  [4]https://www.48hourfilm.com/en/tour/chronological.php

Don't see your city on our tour?

Email [5]newcities at 48hourfilm.com to see

if we can bring the 48HFP to you!

[6]              [png]

ITVFest Winners: Best 48HFP Film "Driven" from Boston

48HFP filmmakers, producers, and HQ at ITVFest

Most of the 48HFP HQ staff along with a group of our filmmakers and producers
spent last weekend at the 9th annual [7]Independent Television and Film
Festival (ITVFest) in beautiful Dover, Vermont. As part of a special
sponsorship, ITVFest featured a special screening of the Best 2014 Films from
six of our Northeastern U.S. cities along with a special meet & greet for our
48HFP filmmakers. It was a great weekend of short film, TV, and webisode
screenings, film panels, and events that culminated with a beautiful Awards Gala
and party. All the ITVFest winners were announced along with the Best 48HFP Film
from ITVFest--congratulations to "Driven" by Brainfox/In the Car from Boston. In
addition to their trophy the team also wins $2000 courtesy of ITVFest--half as a
cash prize, and half as a travel stipend for the winning filmmakers to attend
Filmapalooza in Hollywood next March. Huge compliments go out to all our 48HFP
filmmakers and producers in attendance, not only for their awesome films but
also for representing the spirit of 48HFP!

Recent 2014 Best Films

Filmmakers at the awards ceremony in Tunis

Yet another batch of "Best Films" listed below will move on to represent their
cities next March at Filmapalooza in Hollywood. These winning film teams come to
us from Cairo to Columbus and include winners from the inaugural 48HFP
competitions in Amarillo and Tunis. Congratulations to all of the winners--see
you in Hollywood!

Amarillo

Buffalo

Cairo

Chicago

Columbus

Denver

Inland Empire

Israel

Las Vegas

Los Angeles

Milwaukee

New Haven

New York

Oklahoma City

Philadelphia

Portland, Oregon

Rotterdam

San Antonio

Tampa-St. Petersburg

Tunis

Utrecht

"The Pencil" by 2 in 2 out

"Silenced" by NooN Estudio

"Tarot" by nawash

"Teleportia"� by Kick a Rock

"Thyme After Thyme" by Team Philm

"Muted. Heart. Strings." by 805 to the 303

"Friendstrual Cycle" by Primus Pictures

"Grief" by Delek Group / יגון, קבוצת דלק

"Swamp Heart" by Light Forge Studios

"Gorilla-Mädchen" by Clubhouse 122

"Vile Vial" by Imagination Upgraded

"Past Poets Now" by Good Natured Dog Productions

"Reset" by Armada Films

"Velvet, Not Velveteen" by The Accidental Tears

"Before the Darkness Claims Us" by CDAV Productions

"Bounder" by Pending

"These Dirty Words" by Jear Productions

"Thunder and Ash" by Atomic Productions

"Nana" by Helix/Starcomb/Shooter

"CHAFFAR" By ESAD

"Aline" by TEAM AAP

48HFP Video Gallery
In each newsletter we feature some of our top 48HFP films from all over the
world.  In this issue we're showcasing several of the recent city-winning films
as listed above, including the Best 48HFP Film of ITVFest, "Driven" by
Brainfox/In the Car from Boston.

[8]
"Driven" by Brainfox/In the Car
Boston 48HFP, 2014
Best 48HFP Film of ITVFest, 2014

[9][jpeg]
"These Dirty Words" by Jear Productions
Rotterdam 48HFP, 2014

[10][jpeg]

"Before the Darkness Claims Us" by CDAV Productions
Philadelphia 48HFP, 2014

Great opportunity for filmmakers-make money selling content to Pond5!

[11][jpeg]

Did you know that in addition to being a huge resource for stock music, sound
effects, graphics, and more for filmmakers, that you could also make money by
selling your content to [12]Pond5? Part of the reason Pond5 has grown to be
called "the world's stock media marketplace" is by offering filmmakers,
photographers, and content creators the opportunity to sell their own original
media through Pond5. The video above outlines how you can shoot and upload your
own media through Pond5's website.

In addition, the site offers a variety of tutorials on their Youtube Channel on
how to use their media--they cover everything from effects interfaces with
Premier and After Effects to their Media Maker Spotlight and special PondCast.

Through a special sponsorship with 48HFP this year, registered 48HFP filmmakers
recieve 50 free sound effects to use during their film weekend, plus a $25 gift
certificate to download Pond5 media*. In addition, the top three winners in each
city will win a $100 Pond5 gift certificate. For more information on Pond5 visit
them at [13]http://www.pond5.com.

*Note: Stock video clips are not permitted to be used in 48HFP films

Get Social!
[14] [png]          [15] [png]           [16] [png]

View web version