[IMC] Your Annual Invitation to Support UC-BTP Financially

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 11:08:20 EST 2015

[image: Inline image 1]

Dear Volunteer or Supporter,

What is the best book you read this year? Have you ever contemplated what
your life would be like if you didn’t have access to a good library or
favorite bookstore? For thousands of men and women incarcerated in Illinois
prisons, access to books is highly restricted, if available at all. Here at
Urbana-Champaign Books to Prisoners we have a steady stream of volunteers,
a community happy to share their used books, and the opportunity to pass
those books along to readers incarcerated in the state. All we need from
you is a little financial support to help pay for the postage.

*At Books to Prisoners, we see books as the dynamite that can open minds,
trigger a love of learning, and transform lives.*

In addition to shipping books to inmates throughout Illinois, Books to
Prisoners (an all-volunteer program) also runs a library in both Champaign
County jails, providing the only consistent access to reading material
those incarcerated in Champaign County have.

Requests from prisoners are pouring in faster than ever, and we need your
support to keep up!

Help us trigger the kinds of explosions that send folks home impassioned to
learn and lead new lives. Your tax-deductible donation of $25 will purchase
6 dictionaries -- $100 will ship books from donation bins to the cells of
30 grateful readers.

Help Books to Prisoners put the power of books to work for a better
future. Please
help be a part of the solution
<https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=finance@books2prisoners.org&item_name=Financial%20Donation%20to%20UC%20Books%20to%20Prisoners&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8>
!

Sincerely,

Jay Schubert

Volunteer Coordinator

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please make your check out to *IMC - Books to Prisoners* or use the link
above or visit our website to donate electronically www.books2prisoners.org and
click the Donate link.

Gift amount:  ____$25            ____$50          ____$75          ____$100
       ____other

Books to Prisoners is a working group of the Independent Media Center, a
501(c)3 organization (EIN: *37-1403593*).