[IMC] 48HFP Newsletter - #48HFPadvice, 2015 Winning Films, and ITVFest

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Mon Jun 22 08:35:33 EDT 2015

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
June 2015
Editor: Brian Bowers

[1][jpeg]

June 48HFP Newsletter

Introducing #48HFPadvice-real tips from real 48HFP filmmakers

2015 City-Winning 48HFP Films

4PFP Winners Get Double The Action At Cannes

48HFP Movie Gallery

Upcoming Tour Dates

The Road To ITVFest Could Take You To Cannes

Introducing #48HFPadvice- real tips from real 48HFP filmmakers
If you follow the 48HFP on any of our [2]social media channels, you may
have noticed a new hashtag trending recently--[3]#48HFPadvice. Originally
concieved by our Boston 48HFP Producers Ben and Rachel Guaraldi, this new
column features expert film tips and advice from the people most qualified
to give it--our 48HFP filmmakers! Simply search for #48HFPadvice on your
favorite social media channel or hashtag search engine to see what other
48HFP'ers are saying. Today's tip (featured in the graphic to the right) is
from Kyp Pilalas of Wax Idiotical Films, where he shares a great tip on
editing.

2015 City-Winning 48HFP Films

Congratulations to all of the films below that won Best 48HFP Film in their
city this year! All of these films will screen with other winners from
around the world will screen at next year's [4]Filmapalooza.

Amarillo

"The Gardner Pt. 2 - Harvest Season"

by Three First Names

Amsterdam

"Unforgettable"

by Take 23

Clermont-Ferrand

"Mon frère"

by Compose it Art

Côte d'Azur

"Les Témoins"

by RIP Prod

Edinburgh

"Bert's Christmas Surprise"

by Beyond Studios

Huntsville

"Match"

by Half Minute Horror Productions

Kansas City

"Espionauts"

by C2D2

Lima

"G"

by No hay banda for

Nijmegen

"Glimp"

by Lucas Camps Producties

Philadelphia

"Gil"

by Super Bathing Attitude

St. Louis

"Whisper"

by Three-legged Films

Tours

"Couple éternel"

by Embryo

Washington, DC

"Gender Bender"

by The Big Honkin'

Wrocław

"PRZEJŚCIE"

by Missing Frame

4PFP Winners Get Double The Action At Cannes

[5][jpeg] For most filmmakers, having their film screened at Cannes Film
Festival is a seemingly unattainable goal to strive for, and even being
accepted into the festival could likely be a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity. But for Finnish director Joonas Makkonen that goal was met not
just once, but twice--in the same year! Makkonen's production company Jo-Jo
the Dog Films won Best Film in the 2014 [6]Four Points Film Project (4PFP)
for their film "Fine Artists." The 4PFP (formerly called the National Film
Challenge) is a sister competition to the 48HFP, where filmmakers from
around the world have 72 hours to create their films before they are
submitted online. "Fine Artists" walked away with multiple awards,
including Best Film and Best Directing for Makkonen's work on the film. The
film was screened earlier this year at Cannes along with the rest of the
48HFP Official Cannes Selections.

Bunny the Killer Thing cast & crew at Cannes

2014 continued to be a busy year for Jo-Jo the Dog Films as they wrapped up
work on Makkonen's first feature film Bunny the Killer Thing. Bunny is an
English language horror comedy film that gives a nod to B-Horror and 80's
exploitation films. The plot starts with a familiar tune but with a quirky
twist-a group of youngsters traveling to a cabin in the woods for some fun
are chased and hunted down by a strange half-human, half-bunny creature.
The concept for the film was based off a short they had originally shot in
2011 and then expanded into a feature length film. The short film made the
festival rounds and eventually ended up in Cannes in 2013. From there the f
ilm generated enough interest that Makkonen was able to earn enough money
from a successful crowdfunding campaign to turn the film into a feature, as
well as picking up a distribution deal along the way. The new feature
length  version of Bunny the Killer Thing had its world premier in Cannes
earlier this year, and has since been featured in other film festivals
throughout Europe.

"Contrary to Likeness"
by Paper Ghost PicturesNashville, TN 48HFP 2014

[7]

"Nina" by Indecentes Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO 48HFP 2014

[8]

48HFP Movie Gallery

"POP!" by take 23Amsterdam, NL 48HFP 2014

[9]

[10][jpeg]

[11]Upcoming Tour Dates

When will the 48HFP be visiting your city? Check out our most recent tour
schedule below. July is our biggest month of this year, with over 35
competitions taking place over the course of several weeks.  We hit all
four corners of the U.S. as we go to Seattle, Providence, San Francisco,
and Tampa, but still make it as far across the globe as Berlin and Brasov.
Don't see your city listed below? Some cities have yet to announce their
competition dates--but you can view the full schedule online at
[12]http://48hourfilm.com/locations for the most current dates. The 48HFP
continues to grow each year; contact us at [13]newcities at 48hourfilm.com if
you live in a city that would be a great addition to our tour.

June 26, 2015

* [14]Asheville, NC
* [15]Lisbon, PT

June 24, 2015

* [16]Israel

June 26, 2015

* [17]Brussels, BE

July 10, 2015

* [18]Berlin, DE
* [19]Cleveland, OH
* [20]Detroit, MI
* [21]Greensboro, NC
* [22]Las Vegas, NV
* [23]Little Rock, AR
* [24]Pittsburgh, PA
* [25]San Francisco, CA
* [26]Seattle, WA

July 17, 2015

* [27]Providence, RI
* [28]Richmond, VA
* [29]Savannah, GA

July 24, 2015

* [30]Albuquerque, NM
* [31]Columbus, OH
* [32]Dallas, TX
* [33]Des Moines, IA
* [34]Louisville, KY
* [35]Nashville, TN
* [36]New Orleans, LA
* [37]San Diego, CA

July 31, 2015

* [38]Brasov, RO
* [39]Denver, CO
* [40]Indianapolis, IN
* [41]New Haven, CT
* [42]Oklahoma City, OK
* [43]Portland, ME
* [44]Portland, OR
* [45]Tampa, FL
* [46]Denver, CO
* [47]Indianapolis, IN
* [48]New Haven, CT
* [49]Oklahoma City, OK
* [50]Portland, ME
* [51]Portland, OR
* [52]Tampa, FL

August 7, 2015

* [53]Buffalo, NY
* [54]Charlotte, NC
* [55]Los Angeles, CA
* [56]Lynchburg, VA
* [57]Memphis, TN
* [58]San Jose, CA

August 14, 2015

* [59]Chicago, IL
* [60]Houston, TX
* [61]Orlando, FL
* [62]Paducah, KY
* [63]San Antonio, TX

August 21, 2015

* [64]Madison, WI
* [65]Montreal, CA
* [66]Rotterdam, NL

September 11, 2015

* [67]Brisbane, AU

September 18, 2015

* [68]Toulouse, FR

September 25, 2015

* [69]Paris, FR
* [70]Utrecht, NL
* [71]Warsaw, PL

October 2, 2015

* [72]Bratislava, SK
* [73]Curaçao
* [74]Lagos, NG
* [75]Tunis, TN

October 9, 2015

* [76]Montpellier, FR

October 30, 2015

* [77]Leeuwarden, NL
* [78]Lyon, FR

November 6, 2015

* [79]Castelo Branco, PT

November 13, 2015

* [80]Eindhoven, NL
* [81]Nancy, FR

The Road To ITVFest Could Take You To Cannes

This year the 48HFP will continue their partnership with ITVFest, and it's
bigger and better than before! [82]The Independent Television & Film
Festival (ITVFest) takes place in Vermont this September 24th-27th. ITVFest
is unique in that it was the first festival to focus on independently
produced TV content--including television shows, web series, multimedia
content, and short films. In 2014, six of our 48HFP cities took part in the
ITVFest partnership, and we've doubled that for 2015. The Best 48HFP Film
in each of the 12 participating cities will be screened at ITVFest this
fall. Out of those cities, one film will be selected as the Best 48HFP Film
of ITVFest, and that winning film will get a possibly once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity--a screening at Cannes! The Best 48HFP Film of ITVFest will
screen at Cannes Film Festival next spring alongside the rest of the 48HFP
Official Cannes Selections.

The participating cities are listed below. For more information on ITVFest
visit them online at [83]http://www.itvfest.com.

2015 48HFP cities participating in the ITVFest partnership are:

Austin    Buffalo  New Haven  Portland, ME
Baltimore  Chicago   New York   Providence
Boston   Cleveland Pittsburgh   Toronto

Get Social!
[84] [png]          [85] [png]           [86] [instagram-icon.png]

View web version