[IMC] THIS WEEKEND: 15th Anniversary Events at the IMC

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Thu Oct 8 15:04:42 EDT 2015

15 years ago a handful of people gathered in a living room, collectivized
their media equipment and started to tell untold stories. In 2005, we
bought the post office building in downtown Urbana. For these 15 years, we
have used media to transform policy, shipped over 100,000 books to
prisoners, published over 225 editions of the public i, raised a radio
tower, provided support and a venue to thousands of artists, have a
thriving Makerspace, and have incubated a Bike Cooperative and hundreds of
local and international projects.

Don't miss this amazing convergence of hundreds of IMC friends, allies,
alumni current volunteers, and members of the public as we share and
preserve our history, build skills, and chart a path for the next 15 years.

Thursday October 9th 5:30pm through Sunday, October 11 1pm
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Events FREE except where noted.

Schedule:

Friday, October 9th
5:30-7pm - Art making workshops

7:30pm - Evening performance hosted by the School for Designing a Society

Saturday, October 10
9am-noon - Work parties with 3 tracks: Tech-tastic, Greening up our space,
Archiving our History

11:30-1pm - Catered Lunch and Panel: What is needed now from a Community
Media & Arts Center in CU?

1-3pm - IMC Open House - meet all the current IMC projects!

3-5pm - Future of the IMC & Independent Media - lead by Sascha Meinrath and
Danielle Chynoweth

6:30-9:30 - Evening Event - $10-30 sliding scale
6:30 - Wine and Cheese Mixer
7:30 - Spoken word performance: T.R.U.T.H. and Exposed

Sunday, October 11
10am - 12pm - Breakfast and Interactive Exercises: Launching the Next 15
years of the IMC

Noon - Closing circle