[IMC] Thursday 9am: FCC vote for #PhoneJustice

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 11:32:15 EDT 2015

Hello all,

The FCC is set to make a historic vote *Thursday 9:30am* when they will
lower the cost of phone calls from jails and prisons. Please join us in
watching the FCC hearing online <https://www.fcc.gov/live>. You can follow
it on Twitter at the hashtag #PhoneJustice.

You can listen to an NPR story
<http://www.npr.org/2015/10/21/450464766/fcc-moves-to-cut-high-cost-of-prisoners-calls>
this morning about the FCC vote. It features Miguel Saucedo, who has a
brother incarcerated in Illinois, and is a PHD student at the University of
Illinois. You can also read my story in Truthout
<http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/33295-fcc-plan-to-lower-cost-of-prison-phone-calls-leaves-justice-still-on-hold>
with a video by Annette Taylor, who works with Ripple Effect in Champaign.

Thank you for following this story, which the IMC has covered locally since
2004-5 when we renegotiated the phone contract for the Champaign County
Jail.

The Illinois Campaign for Prison Phone Justice, a project of the IMC, is
currently a part of the national campaign that has helped to bring this
long overdue relief for those incarcerated and their families.

BD
--
Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
briandolinar.com