[IMC] Interview

Kira Bolos kbolos2 at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 25 21:31:41 EDT 2015

To whom it may concern:

Hello! My name is Kira Bolos, and I'm a freshman at the University of
Illinois. I'm currently enrolled in a class called "Documenting
Inequality," and one of our assignments is to, as you may have figured,
create a documentary about some sort of inequality in our world. For my
project, I've decided to focus on police brutality against the black
population in the United States. The goal of my documentary is to
communicate how this is a real problem in our country that should not be
ignored, as well as suggest possible solutions to the problem.

I have already interviewed a professor at UIUC, Ken Salo, and during that
time mentioned that talking to someone at UCIMC may be helpful to include
in my documentary. Ideally, I would like to interview someone who has
either been a victim of police brutality or worked with victims of police
brutality. If not, anyone who is knowledgable about the subject would be
helpful as well. Of course, I realize this can be a sensitive topic and I
do not wish to make anyone uncomfortable. However, if there is anyone there
who would be willing to speak with me, I would appreciate it very much!

If we are able to set up an interview, it would ideally be within the next
week or two. In addition, I will send my interview questions in advance so
whoever I would speak to would have time to prepare.

Please let me know if we can set something up; however I entirely
understand if it's not possible. If you have any questions for me before
agreeing, please let me know as well. You can reach me at this email (
kbolos2 at illinois.edu), or by phone (texting and calling are both okay) at
708-305-9572.

Thank you so much in advance!

Kira Bolos