[IMC] 48HFP Newsletter: Four Points Registration Open, 48HFP Screenings At ITVFest, 48HFP Alumni Achievements, And More!

48 Hour Film Project markandliz at 48hourfilm.com
Thu Sep 24 11:33:15 EDT 2015

48 Hour Film Project Newsletter
September 2015
Editor: Brian Bowers

[1][jpeg]

September 48HFP Newsletter

What Can You Do With 77 Hours? The Four Points Film Project!

48HFP Screening At ITVFest

Recent City Winners

LA Filmmakers Get Red Carpet Proposal

#48HFPAdvice From Filmmakers

48HFP Movie Gallery

Upcoming Tour Dates

48HFP Alumni Achievements: "Dusk" Gloriously Dawns At Festivals Around The
U.S.

What Can You Do With 77 Hours? The Four Points Film Project!

[2]
"B&B" by Beached Whale Productions, 4PFP 2014

Do you love the 48HFP so much you'd like to do it again? Well, now is your
chance--sign up for the[3] Four Points Film Project, the official sister
competition to the 48HFP!

4PFP returns this November 13th-16th. It follows the same basic idea of the
48HFP--to write, produce, and edit a short film in just a weekend using
elements that aren't revealed until 7pm on Friday, November 13th. However
the 4PFP is completely online--elements are announced via email and all
films must be completed by Monday at 11:59pm local time. The winning film
will screen at next year's Cannes Film Festival!

Registration is currently open--sign up by October 19th to take advantage
of special Early Bird rates. The Four Points Film Project is open to all
filmmakers around the world, regardless of whether or not you live in a
48HFP city. Go to[4] http://fourpointsfilmproject.com  to learn more
information and sign up now!

48HFP Screening At ITVFest

In just a few short days, the 10th annual [5]Independent Television & Film
Festival (ITVFest) will kick off in Dover, VT. The top films from 11 of our
North American 48HFP cities screening there, competing for a shot at having
their film sent to Cannes!

Below is the list of films representing the 48HFP at this year's ITVFest:

"New Verve" by White Peak, Austin

"Taping Treller" by Plan R Films, Baltimore

"Dynocorp" by the Studio, Boston

"Double Exposure" by Broad Street Films, Chicago

"Early October" by Maple Films, Cleveland

"Falling in Love in a Coffeeshop" by Wax Idiotial Films, New Haven

"No Grapes, No Glory" by Making Pretend Productions, New York

"Change" by So Fresh! Films, Pittsburgh

"Phoebe, Tom & Teddy" by Through the Door Productions, Portland (Maine)

"The Last Laugh" by What Cheer, Providence
"Drift" by Helix Reel Entertainment, Toronto

ITVFest is the first festival to focus on independently produced TV
content--including television shows, web series, multimedia content, and
short films. ITVFest panelists and judges include executives from CBS
Interactive, Omnivision, Starz Digital, and Daily Motion, among others.
This year's ITVFest runs Sept. 24th-27th. Day passes, multi-day passes, and
gala passes are all available at [6]http://www.itvfest.com. Use the code
'48hfp' for a special 15% discount if you purchase before Thursday.

Recent City Winners

Team Food Smilez, Tampa-St. Petersburg

Trophies from the Lynchburg 48HFP

Congratulations to all of the films below that won Best 48HFP Film in their
city this year! All of these films will screen with other winners from
around the world at[7] Filmapalooza in Atlanta, March 2nd - 5th. [8]Get all
the info and save the date so you can watch all of these films, along with
the other 2015 top 48HFP films, in person at Filmapalooza!

Brussels

"La mort est un homme ordinaire"

by Compose it Art

Buffalo
"Anniversary"

by Idle Entertainment

Charlotte

"Clocking Out"

by The Queen's Miscreants

Chicago

"Double Exposure"

by Broad Street Films

Denver

"Spinsters"

by Stranger Studios

Dijon

"Back to Mississippi"

by Red Screen Films

Hampton Roads

"Glimpse"

by Screaming for Orange Productions

Katowice

"Pod Powiekami"

by Cut the Cat

Los Angeles

"The List"

by Amalgamated Grommets

Lynchburg

"Amulate"

by Synthesize

Madison

"La Audición"

by Ai Wisconsin

Memphis

"Missed Connections"

by The 4th Leg

Nashville

"Everyday Yeti"

by Paper Ghost Pictures

New Haven

"Falling in Love in a Coffeeshop"

by Wax Idiotical Films

Oklahoma City

"Bra'd Squad"

by Indian Head Pictures

Orlando

"Wake Up"

by Aja On Tour

Paducah

"Surface to Air"

by Socially Present

Portland, Maine

"Phoebe, Tom and Teddy"

by Through the Door Productions

Providence

"The Last Laugh"

by What Cheer

Rotterdam

"Hartstocht"

by Funk-e Animations

San Antonio

"Flushed"

by Single Wide Cinema

San Diego

"Under New Management"

by Team Groovy

Tampa-St. Petersburg

"Committed"

by Food Smilez

LA Filmmakers Get Red Carpet Proposal
[9]A filmmaking couple got something extra-special at the Best of Los
Angeles 48HFP. In true 48HFP-style, team Moxie's Kevin Thomas got down on
one knee on the red carpet to ask co-team leader Susan Papa for her hand in
marriage. The proposal was captured in this video. In addition, their film
"Zoe and the Prince" was awarded Runner-Up for Best Film in this year's
48HFP--which means they came in 2nd place, from among 174 teams!
Congratulations to the whole team, but especially to Susan and Kevin on
their engagement!

#48HFPAdvice From Filmmakers

[10]

Get advice from actual 48HFP filmmakers using the #48HFPAdvice hashtag on
your favorite social media channel. Have a great tip to share with the rest
of the filmmaking world? Post or Tweet using the #48HFPAdvice hashtag and
maybe we'll feature your tip!

"The Couch Diver" by Team Team!Louisville, KY 48HFP 2015[11]

"The Gardner Pt. 2 - Harvest Season" by Three First Names Amarillo, TX
48HFP 2015[12]

48HFP Movie Gallery

"Dead Meat" by Napoleon ProductionsJacksonville, FL 48HFP 2015[13]

[14][jpeg]

[15]Upcoming Tour Dates

Our U.S. tour has concluded, but there's still plenty of 48HFP all around
the world. We welcome Lagos (Nigeria), Santiago de Cali (Columbia),
Bucharest (Romania), and Huhehaote (Inner Mongolia) as new cities to this
year's tour, and wish our filmmakers best of luck as they kick off the
inaugural 48HFP's in each of those cities. There's still a lot more to come
for 2015! All of our upcoming tour dates are listed at
[16]http://48hourfilm.com/locations. We are currently planning for
2016--have a city you think should be added to next year's tour? Email us
at [17]newcities at 48hourfilm.com to see if we can include it.

September 25, 2015

* [18]Dublin, IE
* [19]Durban, ZA
* [20]London, GB
* [21]Paris, FR
* [22]Utrecht, NL
* [23]Warsaw, PL

October 2, 2015

* [24]Bratislava, SK
* [25]Curaçao
* [26]Lagos, NG
* [27]Mongolia
* [28]Tunis, TN

October 9, 2015

* [29]Aberdeen, GB
* [30]Montpellier, FR
* [31]Mumbai, IN
* [32]Santa Cruz de la Sierra, BO
* [33]Santiago de Cali, CO
* [34]Seoul, KR

October 16, 2015

* [35]Bucharest, RO
* [36]Huhehaote, CN
* [37]Lausanne, CH

October 22, 2015

* [38]Cairo, EG

October 23, 2015

* [39]Glasgow, GB
* [40]Osaka, JP
* [41]Toronto, CA

October 30, 2015

* [42]Adelaide, AU
* [43]Cape Town, ZA
* [44]Geneva, CH
* [45]Leeuwarden, NL
* [46]Lyon, FR
* [47]New Delhi, IN

November 6, 2015

* [48]Castelo Branco, PT
* [49]Istanbul, TR
* [50]Mexico
* [51]Rome, IT
* [52]San Juan, PR

November 12, 2015

* [53]Dubai, AE

November 13, 2015

* [54]Buenos Aires, AR
* [55]Eindhoven, NL
* [56]Kuala Lumpur, MY
* [57]Machinima
* [58]Nancy, FR
* [59]Shanghai, CN

November 14, 2015

* [60]Tirana, AL

November 27, 2015

* [61]Antwerp, BE
* [62]Nairobi, KE
* [63]Tokyo, JP

48HFP Alumni Achievements: "Dusk" Gloriously Dawns At Festivals Around The
U.S.
Behind the scenes of "Dusk"

We know our talented filmmakers work on many great projects outside of the
48HFP, so we're running a new segment to feature them! 48HFP Alumni
Achievements showcases the work done by some of our top 48HFP alumn. To
kick us off this month, we've chosen Dog Day Films' feature Dusk. The film
was written, directed, produced, and edited by Michael Maney with Ryan
Lewis serving as co-producer and DP. Both Maney and Lewis are based out of
Cincinnati, Ohio, where their team Dog Day Films has competed in the 48HFP.
They each sport an extensive background in commercial, TV, and film
production in addition to the 48HFP.

Dusk is a complex thriller that involves a missing wife, a twisted plan,
and a heart-stopping revelation. John Whitmore's world is turned upside
down when he wakes one morning to find his wife has been kidnapped, and in
her place is a mysterious recording demanding John's life savings in
exchange for her life. John enlists the help of his best friend, and
together they set out for the rendezvous point. But as night falls, John
begins to question everyone and everything involved, including his own
sanity. Dusk has been featured this year at the Cleveland International
Film Festival, Cincinnati Film Festival, Woods Hole Film Festival, and
Dances With Films in Los Angeles. For more information visit
[64]http://www.duskfilm.com.

Lewis attributes the 48HFP with being a large contributor as to the way in
which they were able to complete the film so quickly:

I think the biggest reason we were able to complete principal photography
on "Dusk" on time and under budget was because of our entries in the 48
Hour Film Project.  We learned to work efficiently and be confident with
the decisions we made on the fly because, much like a 48 Hour Film, you
don't have time to second guess yourself on a feature. We shot the film in
19 days and didn't have the option of not making our day, every day. We
simply didn't have the budget for overtime or to shift actor, crew or
location schedules around -- so working quickly and confidently is
definitely a skill you get to understand on 48HFP films, and we're
extremely thankful that we were prepared going into this film.

Are you a 48HFP alumni that is working on something big? Send details to
[65]newsletter at 48hourfilm.com and maybe we'll feature you!

[66]

Get Social!
[67] [png]          [68] [png]           [69] [instagram-icon.png]

View web version